need help with cruise

Karma5

1 hour ago, Karma5 said:

If your changing a cruise to an FCC, can the FCC be used as your deposit or do you have to put a deposit of your own money down then use the FCC ?

Thank you for your help..............

Yes, you can use your FCC as a deposit for a future sailing.

1 hour ago, Karma5 said:

If your changing a cruise to an FCC, can the FCC be used as your deposit or do you have to put a deposit of your own money down then use the FCC ?

When doing this make sure you ask the agent specifically if they moved the reservation into BK (booked) status otherwise it will end up cancelling.  Unfortunately some agents miss this critical last step.

3 hours ago, Karma5 said:

I have a FCC coming (haven’t received it yet)......I just booked a cruise for May 2021 and the representative let me book it for port taxes only.  

7 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

I have a FCC coming (haven’t received it yet)......I just booked a cruise for May 2021 and the representative let me book it for port taxes only.  

You don’t even need to pay that until final payment as long as the FCC coVery the deposit amount.  They should have been able to hold it for you until your FCC was issued. 

3 hours ago, drsel said:

With Carnival, you have to make a separate cash deposit for a new cruise and then transfer the FCC

My TA must be awesome. Twice now he transferred all to Oct 2020, cancelled, transferred all but $37 to sept 2011, carnival. 

No deposit required. He even got my stockholders credit transferred to sept 2021. He must be a genius. No cash deposit or any other money required at time of transfer.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

My TA must be awesome. Twice now he transferred all to Oct 2020, cancelled, transferred all but $37 to sept 2011, carnival. 

No deposit required. He even got my stockholders credit transferred to sept 2021. He must be a genius. No cash deposit or any other money required at time of transfer.

my TA said that he had to charge my CC 182 dollars as a deposit for the new cruise and only then he could transfer the FCC + 900 Australian dollars OBC.

So the total onboard credit for the new cruise is 1000 Australian dollars + 50 US dollars, which is almost the entire new Cruise fare.

so effectively the new Cruise is almost free!

16 minutes ago, drsel said:

my TA said that he had to charge my CC 182 dollars as a deposit for the new cruise and only then he could transfer the FCC + 900 Australian dollars OBC.

So the total onboard credit for the new cruise is 1000 Australian dollars + 50 US dollars, which is almost the entire new Cruise fare.

so effectively the new Cruise is almost free!

Maybe it was the Australian dollars? Mine has had to do this more than once. Both times no money was required, though he said he didnt know why $37 didnt transfer and was refunded to me. 

It's not until next sept 2021 and he confirmed 750 obc. 

Maybe it was the Australian dollars? Mine has had to do this more than once. Both times no money was required, though he said he didnt know why $37 didnt transfer and was refunded to me. 

It's not until next sept 2021 and he confirmed 750 obc. 
Maybe because my payment was only a deposit and your payment was the full payment for a cancelled Cruise