Mardi Gras Balcony Stateroom- sofa location

I am booked on the Mardi Gras for Feb. 2021 in a balcony stateroom, and I just noticed something strange in the photos. Usually a balcony stateroom (on any cruise line) has a sofa next to the balcony. So if the weather isn't nice enough for being outside you can still sit by the sliding glass door and watch the ocean. But on the Carnival website the pictures of the balcony staterooms show the sofa on the opposite side of the beds. https://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/mardi-gras.aspx#staterooms/7 

But then the floorplan diagram shows the sofa next to the sliding glass doors. 

Help! Which picture is correct? Or do they have both configurations, and if so, how can I ensure that I get one with the sofa next to the balcony?

Balcony-floorplan.PNG

I have always had the bed by the balcony on previous Carnival cruises. Newer ships on RCCL and perhaps other lines alternate the location of the bed and sofa.  You need to look at the deck plans for the Mardi Gras. They will alternate, also.  There is a video, a bit long, but full of great cabin location info. 

It’s not at all uncommon for cabins to alternate the bed position.  NCL has ships like this.  Note the slight indentation in the wall where the bed is in your posted floor plan.  That indentation will be by the balcony in the cabin next door and so will the bed.  

Unfortunately , I don’t see this information conveyed in the deck plans on Carnivals website.  NCL shows the indentations on their deck plans so you can pick the bed position you want.  Not sure what you are supposed to do with the Mardi Gras if you have a preference. 

I don't remember ever having a sofa next to the balcony on any Carnival ship. My guess on Mardi Gras is that if the room is connecting, it isn't possible for the sofa to be next to the balcony. Not connecting? Then there is a chance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stellarose said:

I have to look but we are both interior spa rooms- just connecting. no balcony. 

my bet is no couch. 

With an interior my bet would be no sofa.

I picked a spa connecting at random (no sofa):

5205        Cloud 9 Spa Interior (4S)        158 square feet                                      
Beds: two twin beds (convert to king)
Connecting Stateroom: 5201
View: no window
Bathroom: shower, toilet, sink
Features: flat-screen TV, telephone, 110 AC current, USB outlets, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, non-stocked mini bar unit, 2-closets, desk and ottoman seat

I’ve been on 35 cruises with Carnival, the majority in balcony rooms. I don't remember ever having a sofa next to the balcony on any Carnival ship. The bed is always next to the window. One balcony room on the Elation didn’t even have a sofa or chair! 

• Like 1

And remember, the video and deck plans are approximate artist renditions of layout.  So actual layout could be slightly different, But agree with others that balcony cabins on Carnival never have sofa near balcony doors. This includes the Horizon and Vista.  Don't see any reason for a change as balcony cabin sizes aren't different on the Mardi Gras.

59 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

I’ve been on 35 cruises with Carnival, the majority in balcony rooms. I don't remember ever having a sofa next to the balcony on any Carnival ship. The bed is always next to the window. One balcony room on the Elation didn’t even have a sofa or chair! 

I've stayed in some Grand suites on the Fantasy class that had the bed on the interior/bathroom wall and the couch on the balcony wall but, I think they're scrapping all of them!

Just booked an Ocean Suite on Mardi Gras for the spring. Couch by the balcony 

I stand corrected! I just looked at my photos from my 2018 Carnival trip. The bed was indeed next to the balcony! All the other ships I’ve been on (Paul Gaugauin, Princess, HAL) had the sofa next to the balcony. Learned something new!

That long YouTube  video that an earlier reply sent me to explains the alternating layout where some balcony staterooms have the bed next to the balcony, and the adjacent ones have the sofa next to the balcony. Evidently, this is common on ships. I guess I’ve just been lucky so far to get the layout that I prefer.