All Carnival cruises cancelled until December 17th!

Ryanryanryan

12 hours ago, skridge said:

The way Carnival has been handling it for the past 6 months is waiting until the very last minute so they can rake in as much money as they possibly can from there loyal customer base before they cancel and do everything they can to get you to re book so they can keep your money to help them stay afloat.

Anybody who is on a December 5th cruise has already paid in full so Carnival is not "raking" in money on it and if they do end up cancelling it customers can opt for a full refund instead of rebooking. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

Anybody who is on a December 5th cruise has already paid in full so Carnival is not "raking" in money on it and if they do end up cancelling it customers can opt for a full refund instead of rebooking. 

I think the point being made is that Carnival, like other cruise lines, cancels stuff in blocks of time - e.g. they cancelled all of Nov (what few cruises there were), not the first week, then the second week, then the third, etc.  So if they want to cancel through end of Dec, they might wait until 8 weeks out from the last date cancelled.  Final payment for the shorter cruises near the end of that month are due before early Nov (IIRC).  By cancelling around that time they maximize the number of folks who have made final payment.

People will be tempted to simply re-book thanks to the generous OBC offer.  So Carnival gets to "keep" the funds on their books until that new booking actually sails.

And as for refunds, even if Carnival hangs onto the cash for a month or two, it is better than not having it at all.

So from a financial point of view (keeping morals and logistics out of it), their approach makes sense.

I don't know why they do what they do - maybe the logistics is what is driving it (i.e. have to wait until the last minute to be sure the cruises need to be cancelled, 100% "sure").  I simply don't have the insider knowledge.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 5:24 PM, Ryanryanryan said:

All Carnival cruises cancelled until December 17th!  The first cruise available on Carnival's website is December 17th.  When will the next round of cancellations come?

As of today 10/27/2020 Hopefully I have all of them.

December Fully Booked Ships out of Florida

All I checked under was inside cabins.

There are 100s of all kinds of cabins available to book.

Nothing at all out of Florida in November.

Not from the Carnival web site.

Remember fully booked means 60% of capacity.

Dec 3 Elation

Dec 4 Conquest

Dec 4 Liberty

Dec 5 Sunrise

Dec 5 Breeze

Dec 6 Horizon

Dec 7 Elation

Dec 7 Conquest

Dec 7 Liberty

Dec 10 Sunrise

Dec 12 Horizon

Dec 12 Horizon

Dec 13 Breeze

Dec 14 Conquest

Dec 14 Liberty

Dec 14 Sunrise

Dec 13 Oceana Riviera

Dec 21 Regent/Seven Seas Navigator

Dec 23 Silversea Silver Mo

8 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Dec 3 Elation

Dec 4 Conquest

Dec 4 Liberty

Dec 5 Sunrise

Dec 5 Breeze

Dec 6 Horizon

Dec 7 Elation

Dec 7 Conquest

Dec 7 Liberty

Dec 10 Sunrise

Dec 12 Horizon

Dec 12 Horizon

Dec 13 Breeze

Dec 14 Conquest

Dec 14 Liberty

Dec 14 Sunrise

Dec 13 Oceana Riviera

Chances these are fully booked is zero.

RCL updated their bookings for the holidays and said they are at less than 20 percent and this was several weeks ago.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

RCL updated their bookings for the holidays and said they are at less than 20 percent and this was several weeks ago.

That is what I said is it not? Fully booked but to 60% maximum 

December Fully Booked Ships out of Florida

50 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Guess you know a lot more than the TAs and booking web sites. Where are you getting your great knowledge from? How about letting all of us know. Here is my take. So many cannot wait to cruise and are booking fast to get a cruise. I tried to book one and my TA said no more bookings being accepted for that cruise. So I do not know where you are getting your information from. I think it is nothing more that speculation and a non  educated guess.

15 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Guess you know a lot more than the TAs and booking web sites. Where are you getting your great knowledge from? How about letting all of us know. Here is my take. So many cannot wait to cruise and are booking fast to get a cruise. I tried to book one and my TA said no more bookings being accepted for that cruise. So I do not know where you are getting your information from. I think it is nothing more that speculation and a non  educated guess.

There is nothing available to book Until December 18.

From the website: Miami and Port Canaveral sailings through and including November 30, 2020. Sailings between December 1 and December 31, 2020 from Miami and Port Canaveral have not been canceled. However, guests booked on these sailings may elect to cancel their booking any time prior to departure

Bookings are removed but cancellations are allowed and a lot have cancelled. This why the ships are nowhere near capacity.

20 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Dec 3 Elation

Dec 4 Conquest

Dec 4 Liberty

Dec 5 Sunrise

Dec 5 Breeze

Dec 6 Horizon

Dec 7 Elation

Dec 7 Conquest

Dec 7 Liberty

Dec 10 Sunrise

Dec 12 Horizon

Dec 12 Horizon

Dec 13 Breeze

Dec 14 Conquest

Dec 14 Liberty

Dec 14 Sunrise

Dec 13 Oceana Riviera

Again just because Carnival has these listed only means they are willing to take people's money. Speculation at best.

Carnival had listings for November also, seem to recall you said November 2nd would be feasible.

Once the cruise lines have that " hard date" they can resume , everything is pure speculation until then.

I totally get people want to sail, rushing it isn't prudent. 

• Like 2