Vision is having problems

sally r

Just got a call from my TA. The Vision is having problems and will be late getting back to San Pedro on Sunday the 12th. We are scheduled on the next cruise! They offered the option of a full refund or a $100 per person ship credit. The ship won't sail until 8:00pm for our cruise. We will be one day late getting to Cabo and miss Puerto Vallarta completely. We took the credit.

If you are booked on the Vision in the near future, you may want to call your TA or the cruiseline.

Just got a call from my TA. The Vision is having problems and will be late getting back to San Pedro on Sunday the 12th. We are scheduled on the next cruise! They offered the option of a full refund or a $100 per person ship credit. The ship won't sail until 8:00pm for our cruise. We will be one day late getting to Cabo and miss Puerto Vallarta completely. We took the credit.

If you are booked on the Vision in the near future, you may want to call your TA or the cruiseline.

I just emailed my TA- I'll let you know what he finds out...

Is there some information missing here? The Vision usually does not leave until 5:00PM on Sundays any way. A three hour departure delay would not make them a day behind and cut an entire port.

Is there some information missing here? The Vision usually does not leave until 5:00PM on Sundays any way. A three hour departure delay would not make them a day behind and cut an entire port.

It probably cannot cruise as fast as they are used to and is unable to make all their planned stops.

###

Just spoke with RCC, they said and please excuse the spelling: "The Visions is having propellishing problems??? What ever that is! Is scheduled to be in port at 11:00am instead of 7:00. He said no changes to future port stops!! We'll see!

So does anyone know if they can fix a prop???? problem when they dock in LA! We sail March 5 on the Vision and I would think that it would be a major fix? Probably jumping to conclusions but I would be soooooooooooo disappointed:( if we missed a port, this being our first cruise.

Didnt it just come out of dry dock:confused:I going on the 19th of feb. I hope

they get fixed. Iam so looking forward to this cruise. Had some family

emergency:( the past 6 months so we all need a brake. And some time

fun with each other. There is 22 of us,So I hope things work out:)

Sounds like maybe the Azipod Propulsion????

The ships can't go at top speed and need to go slower causing missed ports and getting in late.

Is it is it's nothing new to RC or other cruise lines. Celebrity, Princess and NCL all have the problems with it, and have had to cancel cruises in order to fix it.....I'M NOT SAYING THIS IS THE CASE WITH THE VISION....just stating some history with the Azipod Propulsion.

Whatever the problem is I hope it's fixed quickly and everyone has a great cruise!! :D

Yes, I think my TA said it was a propulsion problem. I will try to find out more while on the ship and post here.

I thought I was safe booking the second cruise after a drydock. Guess it didn't matter. Oh, well, we love sea days.

While propulsion problems can haapen to every ship and from the previous posters it looks like propulsion problems I would think that this could happen anytime and has not necessarily to do with a dry dock schedule.

The Vision, as all Vision class ships, has no Azi Pods !

They have the classic propellers and a Ruder to maneuver.

While propulsion problems can haapen to every ship and from the previous posters it looks like propulsion problems I would think that this could happen anytime and has not necessarily to do with a dry dock schedule.

The Vision, as all Vision class ships, has no Azi Pods !

They have the classic propellers and a Ruder to maneuver.

Unfortunately, Vision just came out of drydock on Jan12...and fixing the propeller was the main reason for the dry dock. I don't have a good feeling about this one...

to answer your question yes they can change the propeller in port. They just removed the propeller from the QM2 after her accident in port, so they could get it repaired and sent on to put it back together in another port.

Almost all ships at some point in time have an issue with the propulsion system. It is unavoidable with how long they keep the ships in service between "drydocks".

While propulsion issues are not something you want on your cruise, just remember you still get to go on your cruise. They have offered you a credit for the missed port, I assume because of mechanical failure, since they typically don't always give credits for missed ports.

Go and have a great time, yes I understand the disappointment of missing the port, you can cancel and wait AGAIN for the cruise to come, or just jump on this one and make the best of it.

Sounds like maybe the Azipod Propulsion????

The ships can't go at top speed and need to go slower causing missed ports and getting in late.

Is it is it's nothing new to RC or other cruise lines. Celebrity, Princess and NCL all have the problems with it, and have had to cancel cruises in order to fix it.....I'M NOT SAYING THIS IS THE CASE WITH THE VISION....just stating some history with the Azipod Propulsion.

Whatever the problem is I hope it's fixed quickly and everyone has a great cruise!! :D

Vision does not have azipods and RCI has not had any issues with the azipods on its classes of ships that do have them unlike some other lines who were plagued with problems with pods produced by other companies.

Just received an email from TA and because we are in a suite we get a $300 onboard credit! I was also concerned that we might be late getting back to San Pedro on the 19th but RCL says that we will dock at 7 am. I will leave my flight as is and hope they are correct.

I think this whole problem is being handled very nicely by RCL. I have never had an airline give me such a nice discount when a flight has been delayed.

I am getting on a ship..I am happy.

I just received this email from my TA. It appears as tho only the 2-12-06 sailing will be affected.

Please be advised that the 7-Night Mexican Riviera itinerary (07MEX10) on the 2/12/06 Vision of the Seas has been revised due to a propulsion motor short circuit which is resulting in reduced sailing speeds. Departure time from Los Angeles has been revised from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM. The new itinerary will exclude an original port of call, Puerto Vallarta, creating an extra day At Sea. In addition, the ship will be in Cabo San Lucas and Mazatlan on Day 4 and 5, rather than Day 3 and 4.

Per RCCL:

We will have food and beverages at the terminal for those guests who arrive at the originally scheduled time.

Compensation of $100 onboard credit for 1st and 2nd guests will be added to each stateroom ($150 per person for suites).

Anyone wanting to cancel will be offered a 100% FCC

Anyone who chooses to cancel and receive the 100% FCC, must do so by the close of business on 02/11/06.

I just received this email from my TA. It appears as tho only the 2-12-06 sailing will be affected.

Please be advised that the 7-Night Mexican Riviera itinerary (07MEX10) on the 2/12/06 Vision of the Seas has been revised due to a propulsion motor short circuit which is resulting in reduced sailing speeds. Departure time from Los Angeles has been revised from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM. The new itinerary will exclude an original port of call, Puerto Vallarta, creating an extra day At Sea. In addition, the ship will be in Cabo San Lucas and Mazatlan on Day 4 and 5, rather than Day 3 and 4.

Per RCCL:

We will have food and beverages at the terminal for those guests who arrive at the originally scheduled time.

Compensation of $100 onboard credit for 1st and 2nd guests will be added to each stateroom ($150 per person for suites).

Anyone wanting to cancel will be offered a 100% FCC

Anyone who chooses to cancel and receive the 100% FCC, must do so by the close of business on 02/11/06.

Wow! Great compensation - opportunity to cancel with 100% credit that is a wonderful offer.

Archived