Can a 3 wheel scooter fit in an Specious Ocean View room

I ask this because in this non-accessible cabin, the bed is next to the bathroom with the sofa near the ceiling to floor window. It's a 200 sq ft room. Off hand, I think I can park it in front of the closet then move when necessary in front of bathroom as I'm not sure I can get around the bed. I will need an outlet to charge the battery, though. Don't know if there is an outlet outside of the desk cabinet. It will definitely  fit though the door which is..28inches wide and scooter is 21inches wide  by 41 inches long.

Can you either bring an extension cord or will RCCL supply you with one if need be?

I would be grateful for any opinions? Cruise is almost sold out so I can't really change rooms.

On 10/23/2020 at 8:24 PM, smalltimecruiser100 said:

I ask this because in this non-accessible cabin, the bed is next to the bathroom with the sofa near the ceiling to floor window. It's a 200 sq ft room. Off hand, I think I can park it in front of the closet then move when necessary in front of bathroom as I'm not sure I can get around the bed. I will need an outlet to charge the battery, though. Don't know if there is an outlet outside of the desk cabinet. It will definitely  fit though the door which is..28inches wide and scooter is 21inches wide  by 41 inches long.

Can you either bring an extension cord or will RCCL supply you with one if need be?

I would be grateful for any opinions? Cruise is almost sold out so I can't really change rooms.

I would check with Royal's Access Department.  They will want to know you are bringing a scooter and you probably will have to complete a form.    Accessibility Department 866-592-7225, or your travel agent but you will get first-hand information if you are the one asking Royal the questions.   

Also check with Royal regarding the extension cord, which I believe they will provide for a mobility/medical device, which should be waiting in your room when you board.  And regarding items you cannot bring on board, check here (so be sure to ask Royal if they will provide one for your scooter; otherwise it may be confiscated):

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

We have had many fights with the check in people who want to confiscate our extension cord (and no it is not a cricuit braker type, it is just a 3 plug simple extension.)

They also have confiscated my husbands bag of tools for his scooter.  We adhered to the rules of tools not being over 4 inches long, but they still confiscated them which my husband told them was essential for our traveling where there might not be easy access to someone who could fix the scooter.

Someone who uses a scooter has to know the rules and maybe even print them out before leaving home.

Renting from Scootaround not bringing my own. I contacted Access at RCCL and they made note about extension cord on my rez. No problem. Access said since renting from Scootaround, I don't need to fill out form. Scotaround has my cabin number and they contact RCCL which maintains a list from Scotaround. Thanks everyone for your suggestions

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2020 at 7:49 PM, CRUISEWITHH said:

We have had many fights with the check in people who want to confiscate our extension cord (and no it is not a cricuit braker type, it is just a 3 plug simple extension.)

They also have confiscated my husbands bag of tools for his scooter.  We adhered to the rules of tools not being over 4 inches long, but they still confiscated them which my husband told them was essential for our traveling where there might not be easy access to someone who could fix the scooter.

Someone who uses a scooter has to know the rules and maybe even print them out before leaving home.

The rules are very clear and readily available.  The check in staff was absolutely correct to confiscate your extension cord.  About the bag of tools? can't really comment as we've never tried to take tools on a cruise.  If your husband's scooter is in such bad shape that it needs frequent repairs maybe you should consider replacing it.

11 hours ago, crazyank said:

The rules are very clear and readily available.  The check in staff was absolutely correct to confiscate your extension cord.  About the bag of tools? can't really comment as we've never tried to take tools on a cruise.  If your husband's scooter is in such bad shape that it needs frequent repairs maybe you should consider replacing it.

Extension cords are allowed, at least on Princess which we usually cruise with.  It is only the circuit braker type that are not.  Sometimes it is necessary when the plug is too far for the cord to reach.  Otherwise we would be unable to charge the batteries.

Also, the scooter is fairly new but accidents do happen and, as with any vehicle, screws come loose and sometimes need tightening and in some countries they do not have the same size tools that we use or when you are out on a excursion you could have a brake down.

• Like 1