Ventura Aft Suites D736 & D737

DamianG

I'm playing around with quotes for 2022 and trying to find some information on B4 grade suites on Ventura, specifically D736 & D737, and also for alternative options C748, C749, C750 & C751. We are drawn towards D deck as there are only 2 suites aft compared to 4 on C deck. I've looked at images online and watched a YouTube video but one thing I cannot ascertain is whether there is a stanchion down the middle of the balcony and whether it is a bit of a nuisance or nothing to be concerned about. We've sailed in aft cabins many times so are aware of the vibration when docking and the nightclub noise on E deck.

Please don't turn this thread into a discussion of the merits of booking for 2022 as that is being discussed elsewhere and in any case in my opinion it's very much a personal choice dependent on individual circumstances with no right or wrong answers.

All comments and shared experiences will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Damian

You can check photos of the after to see where the pillar is on the balcony.

IMHO it doesn't get in the way as the balcony is large enough.

What it does do is that it's metal and you can use magnet hooks to hang bits to so they aren't sliding about on the floor or table.

The balconies without the pillar costs more, is the money worth it, only you can decide that.

• Thanks 1

We had a Penthouse Suite on Ventura and had read previously that the stanchion was obstructive. We didn’t find it to be so at all. Friends of ours had a an aft suite some decks down from us (can’t remember which one) and also liked it. We wouldn’t have any hesitation booking another aft suite on Ventura but would personally want to be at least 3 decks above the nightclub, having been disturbed 2 decks above it on Britannia. With family ships such as Ventura, we liked the fact that you don’t get disturbed at night by passing noise outside the cabin, as you do with midships suites. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Given the choice I would go for C748 or C749 ( which we have stayed in) - as these are the same price grade as the others. We had a cabin on a princess ship with a Stantion and I kept tripping over it ( as it flares out at the base). The stantion also makes your cabin a bit darker and can spoil the view from inside the cabin.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the replies so far. We agree with the sentiment that the corridors are quieter aft hence we have chosen that position many times previously.

Thanks to Spike's comments and Rupert's photo C748 and C749 are looking preferable.

I can't speak for D736 and D737, I'm afraid, but I can confirm Selbourne's comments about the two Penthouse Suites (A752 and A753).  There's a lot of fussing online about those stanchions, but like Selbourne we found no problem at all with them in reality.

Sometimes, the comments about those stanchions seem to be rather over the top and perhaps need to be taken with a pinch of salt.  Obviously  perfection would be the ideal, but it's rarely achievable and they certainly didn't spoil our enjoyment in any way at all. 

• Thanks 1

Hi, there are 2 YouTube videos of D736 and D737 on her sister ship Azura, which you might find interesting.

Also, have you seen the tomscruiseblog post on the Ventura and Azura balconies? He goes into detail on the stanchions. A really useful page - it's here: https://tomscruiseblog.com/2012/05/04/ventura-and-azura-balcony-resource/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tesni said:

Hi, there are 2 YouTube videos of D736 and D737 on her sister ship Azura, which you might find interesting.

Also, have you seen the tomscruiseblog post on the Ventura and Azura balconies? He goes into detail on the stanchions. A really useful page - it's here: https://tomscruiseblog.com/2012/05/04/ventura-and-azura-balcony-resource/

Yes, we had a look at that YouTube video and I’m a big fan of Tom’s Cruise Blog as well. Thanks.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 6:48 PM, Josy1953 said:

We stayed in C748 and it was fine.

We booked C748 this morning for a cruise at the end of October 2022. Very reasonably priced, especially with 3 of us sharing (me, wife, brother in law).