Lift and Switch Question

cruisinfever

5 minutes ago, cruisinfever said:

We have a Celebrity cruise booked for April 2nd 202 and my final payment is due on January 3rd.  If we switch the Same cruise to 2022, is the final payment still due the on January 3 or at the end of next year? 

90 days prior to departure date

5 minutes ago, npb said:

Our TA charges a change fee.  Will it apply if we lift and shift?

As we don't know who your TA is, it's not a question anyone here can answer with certainty, but as you are making a change, I'd guess yes.

And that's what I would explain to them if they tried to charge me a change fee in this situation.  That would be the last $50 they would get from me.  

Probably the same TA I walked away from after they charged me a cancellation fee when I had to cancel 2 days prior to sailing due to my dad passing.  The reservation was paid in full and they actually made more $$ as the OBC they were giving me obviously they didn't.   They did credit me with OBC for the cancellation penalty only as a "good will gesture" when I booked a 14 day replacement cruise a week later which sailed a week after that.   I moved on from them right after that to a TA that gives me a straight % of cruise fare on every cruise and NEVER charges a fee.  He is also readily available now in this time where he is making nothing.   I have done L&S on 5 sailings and feel bad for him.   Considering sending him an Amazon gift card.

• Like 1