Surprising enough, NCL lowest price on Alaska for 2021 .....booked.

tallnthensome

I just cancelled my Encore cruise for April last week and it was just disheartening to my wife and kids. We already had our August cruise to Alaska cancelled this year ....... Just for the hell of it I priced out Alaska again for late August 2021 on all the lines,  that's if we can go,  and NCL was by far the best deal for my family using the Black Friday offer versus all other major lines. My family of four 7 days on the Bliss (we love the Bliss) in an angled balcony on deck 14 was $4079.  Drink package, Wifi, excursion credits WiFi and Kids Sail free and only $250 deposit. Comparatively speaking (cabin type, length, week)  RCCL was $5800, no drink package, $1000 deposit.  Celebrity was $6100, with perks, $1000 deposit. Holland was $4300 bare bones , Princess was $4600 bare bones, and Carnival was $4500 bare bones. All higher deposits. The Best deal on the best ship by far was on NCL while RCCL was the worst value ..... We really utilize the drink package so we would have to buy one on most of the other lines at near $1000. Didn't think I'd be booking anything right now for 2021 but for a measly $250 refundable deposit why not? Gives the family something to look forward to and hopefully by late August things are open in Canada with the vaccines being introduced. I'm happy with NCL right now amazingly enough .......

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I just cancelled my Encore cruise for April last week and it was just disheartening to my wife and kids. We already had our August cruise to Alaska cancelled this year ....... Just for the hell of it I priced out Alaska again for late August 2021 on all the lines,  that's if we can go,  and NCL was by far the best deal for my family using the Black Friday offer versus all other major lines. My family of four 7 days on the Bliss (we love the Bliss) in an angled balcony on deck 14 was $4079.  Drink package, Wifi, excursion credits WiFi and Kids Sail free and only $250 deposit. Comparatively speaking (cabin type, length, week)  RCCL was $5800, no drink package, $1000 deposit.  Celebrity was $6100, with perks, $1000 deposit. Holland was $4300 bare bones , Princess was $4600 bare bones, and Carnival was $4500 bare bones. All higher deposits. The Best deal on the best ship by far was on NCL while RCCL was the worst value ..... We really utilize the drink package so we would have to buy one on most of the other lines at near $1000. Didn't think I'd be booking anything right now for 2021 but for a measly $250 refundable deposit why not? Gives the family something to look forward to and hopefully by late August things are open in Canada with the vaccines being introduced. I'm happy with NCL right now amazingly enough .......

Fingers and everything else crossed. We are booked on X for 13 June 2021 to replace this June. We got our 2020 deposit refunded fairly promptly , as you say not much to lose, yet.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Fingers and everything else crossed. We are booked on X for 13 June 2021 to replace this June. We got our 2020 deposit refunded fairly promptly , as you say not much to lose, yet.

Hope is all we have .... I HOPE Celebrity is still around for our 2022 Cruise on the Apex at this point. 

• Like 1

Good job doing the due diligence and realizing what a lot of us know.  NCL is not the only line with higher prices right now.  Pent up demand, tons of cruise credit out there, they know they have an advantage this way, and my guess is it will be like this for at least 18 months after starting back.  I hope you can go, and enjoy the heck out of your cruise.  I am booked on the bliss for the first time in 2022 for a Panama Canal crossing and I can't wait.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Good job doing the due diligence and realizing what a lot of us know.  NCL is not the only line with higher prices right now.  Pent up demand, tons of cruise credit out there, they know they have an advantage this way, and my guess is it will be like this for at least 18 months after starting back.  I hope you can go, and enjoy the heck out of your cruise.  I am booked on the bliss for the first time in 2022 for a Panama Canal crossing and I can't wait.

We were looking at the Med for 2022. NCL seemed about 20% higher that 2020. I think wait and see at the moment.

9 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

I am booked on the bliss for the first time in 2022 for a Panama Canal crossing and I can't wait.

Fantastic! That was our first cruise on the Bliss last year. The 15 day full transit. It was the perfect ship for parents with kids to spend 15 days on. There were only 180 kids. That PC cruise on the Bliss was the best ever ... hope you make it as well and enjoy it as I much. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Fantastic! That was our first cruise on the Bliss last year. The 15 day full transit. It was the perfect ship for parents with kids to spend 15 days on. There were only 180 kids. That PC cruise on the Bliss was the best ever ... hope you make it as well and enjoy it as I much. 

Ours is 16, not sure why but there are options from 10-16 depending on what you would like to do.  We leave our son at home, for us it's an escape from reality.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We were looking at the Med for 2022. NCL seemed about 20% higher that 2020. I think wait and see at the moment.

Cruises are higher everywhere .... I paid $4079 for my Celebrity Apex cruise for 2022. It’s now $7100 and I have better extras too. Glad I booked that at the beginning of this year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, podgeandrodge said:

So is the thinking generally that, when cruising starts again, it will be more expensive for a good while rather than cheap to get people back?

I guess cruisers are a very loyal clientele!

Hard to say ....prices are up a bit for most cruises for 2021 on just about every line. Celebrity seems to be gouging the most. The lines will want every dime they. Can squeeze out of everyone to turn their losses around. It will be interesting to see if cruise are capacity controlled and how much pent up demand their is if and when it starts back up again. I think the lines better be smart and fair with pricing versus gouging with all the unknowns right now.