A Cunard Christmas

Lanky Lad

And I am told that if you are in a Q1 or Q2, you get a Christmas tree in the cabin. Everyone else gets a poinsettia. On our one Christmas voyage, the decorations on the Christmas menu coordinated with those on the Wedgwood plate we were given. Clearly a lot of thought had gone in. And the roast goose on the Christmas Eve menu was sublime.

1 hour ago, FredT said:

Thanks for the answers....   With the kids all out on their own (and scattered around the globe) this is something we are seriously considering.....

FredT

The only thing I didn't enjoy about our one Christmas cruise was the dark evenings. I so much enjoy sitting on the balcony before dinner with a drink watching the sea, in the long summer evenings. Dark evenings however cannot be blamed on Cunard. Everything they were responsible for was great.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Underwatr said:

That's amazing. Are you about six feet tall?

Close - as I recall from my last physical, 5 feet 10.5 inches...but I don't know if I believe that, since I was 5'10" a few years ago. Pretty sure I'm past the growing up stage.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 4:25 PM, FredT said:

OK, good "Cunarders"

As someone who has not sailed on the Cunard line since his honeymoon (The Countess in 1980) I have a question for you all. (related to this thread)  

My wife and I are considering a "Christmas Cruise" for December 2021.  We have been on a few, (NCL and Princess) and found one to be VERY "Christmas like" and one to pretty much ignore the holiday.  

From the photo's on this thread it LOOKS like Cunard does the holiday up right...   But beyond the pretty trees, do they "DO" the holiday?  (Or just pay it lip service.) 

They “DO” the holiday indeed.

There is caroling - and the unavoidable feeling of inner warmth that comes from hearing the old seasonal songs. And, for the entrenched traditionalists, there are religious services - including Catholic Mass.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...