Visa Redemption on cancelled cruise?

I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere. I searched but no results came up. 
If you had redeemed Visa points for OBC and RC then cancelled the cruise....what happened to your OBC / points? 
I just realized that our recently cancelled cruise had Visa redemption OBC on it.  Not sure how to trace what happened/happens to it. 
Thanks to all in advance! 

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

You can transfer it to a different booking.  

How do I do that? Who do I contact? I don’t have any documentation other than my initial request showing it was “redeemed” and points taken from my account. I don’t have anything showing it was actually applied. 
thx

Ask your TA or call Royal.  They have to look up the cancelled cruise and check on sources of OBC.  I had one where 95% of the OBC was from Cruise Planner Credits but they wouldn't talk to me because $50 was booking-related and only the TA could authorize moving that.

The Visa Rewards OBCs stay with the original (canceled) reservation. When ready to transfer them to another cruise, I just called the Redemption desk (888-305-4626) and provided the new booking #.

In at least one case, BOA requested that a send a short email requesting the transfer.  All transfers were completed within 1-2 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, skiiergirl said:

I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere. I searched but no results came up. 
If you had redeemed Visa points for OBC and RC then cancelled the cruise....what happened to your OBC / points? 
I just realized that our recently cancelled cruise had Visa redemption OBC on it.  Not sure how to trace what happened/happens to it. 

I have had to do this twice with the same obc but it was with Celebrity and it was done through the  Captains Club phone number. There was a prompt for Visa points redemption. The first time, it was early on in the pandemic and it took 45 minutes and all kinds of supervisor approval. The second time I had to transfer the same obc it took 5 minutes and it immediately showed up on the transferred reservation. I would try the Crown and Anchor telephone number and see .

On 12/1/2020 at 10:24 AM, skiiergirl said:

In looking through my paper work, I found this number for the Royal Caribbean Rewards Desk

(888) 305-4626. Hope that helps.

• 3 months later...

Just to update everyone....

I just got off the phone with a very helpful representative. 

Any Visa points redeemed for OBC....for cruises that have been cancelled so far....the credits are being held.  You must call them prior to April 30,  2022 to reapply to another booking .  (For sailings prior to Sept 30, 2022.) So it sounds like these follow the same time frame as the FCC policy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1