New Cancellations from NCL, 2 Dec 2020

diplomats

"Dear Valued Guest,

As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact communities around the globe, we have made the decision to suspend all voyages with embarkation dates through February 28, 2021 as well as all voyages onboard Norwegian Bliss, Breakaway, Epic, Gem, Getaway, Jade, Pearl, Jewel, Sky, Sun and Pride of America with embarkation dates through March 31, 2021. We are very sorry for any inconvenience these changes may have caused.

REFUNDS
Please be advised that a full refund will be automatically returned to the form of payment you provided at the time of your most current reservation. No further action is required on your part; your refund will be automatically processed within 15 business days. You will see the refund returned within 7-10 business days from the processed date. The visibility of the funds is dependent on your financial institution’s internal policies.

If your most current reservation was paid via a previously issued Future Cruise Credit (FCC), 100% of the FCC used will be re-applied to your Latitudes account. No further action is required; the FCC will be automatically added within 7 days.
For additional information pertaining to refunds, please visit www.ncl.com/suspended-sailings.

OUR THANKS TO YOU
We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Norwegian Cruise Line and as mentioned previously, we cannot wait to provide you with the cruise vacation you were hoping for and likely need now more than ever! Therefore, in addition to the 100% refund or return of your FCC, you may receive all of the following offers when you chose to rebook your Norwegian vacation through your Travel Advisor:

• A 10% OFF discount on your next cruise with us, combinable with all available promotions at the time of booking. The 10% OFF discount will be automatically added to your Latitudes account and will be available as of Thursday, December 3, 2020. This discount can be used to make a booking through December 2, 2021 and can be applied towards any sailings through December 31, 2022.
• 30% OFF! For a limited time only, if you book a new cruise by December 12, 2020 for any published voyage through 2023, you will receive our special Black Friday offer: an additional 30% OFF!
• TAKE ALL! Again, for a very limited time, if you book a new cruise by December 12, 2020 for any published voyage through 2023, you may TAKE ALL. This limited time offer is a tremendous value allowing you to add all five of our Free at Sea amenities (TAKE ALL) in any cabin category and any voyage: a free unlimited beverage package, free specialty dining, a free Wi-Fi package, free shore excursion credits and reduced rates for family and friends – a value of up to $2,890 per person!
• A $150 discount + Lower Deposit! If you purchase a CruiseFirst certificate, which is a certificate towards your next cruise, for $150, we will match it with an additional $150 discount. For CruiseFirst terms and conditions, please visit https://www.ncl.com/terms/cruisefirst.

The combined value of these offers is well over $3,000 per person. This is our way of showing you how valuable you are to us. Please contact your Travel Advisor today to go over any of these offers.

NEW ITINERARIES TO INCREDIBLE DESTINATIONS
We have recently opened for sale amazing itineraries through summer 2023. When you visit www.ncl.com, you will find new sailings to Alaska, The Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada & New England, The Caribbean, Hawaii, the Mediterranean, and more on the most innovative ships at sea. Our goal is to provide you with the opportunity to plan and book your next extraordinary vacation as far in advance as possible so that all you have to do is savor the anticipation of a truly memorable cruise experience.

YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY
During these extraordinary times, we are doing our part to provide you with peace of mind however and whenever we can. It goes without saying that our very first priority is always your health, safety, security and well-being so I encourage you to read all about the good work we are doing at https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence.

If you have questions or would like to redeem your discount, please contact your travel advisor.

We look forward to exploring the world with you in the safety and comfort of an amazing Norwegian Cruise Line ship!

Sincerely,

Katty Byrd Vice President Guest Services"

14 hours ago, diplomats said:

• A 10% OFF discount on your next cruise with us, combinable with all available promotions at the time of booking. The 10% OFF discount will be automatically added to your Latitudes account and will be available as of Thursday, December 3, 2020. This discount can be used to make a booking through December 2, 2021 and can be applied towards any sailings through December 31, 2022.
• 30% OFF! For a limited time only, if you book a new cruise by December 12, 2020 for any published voyage through 2023, you will receive our special Black Friday offer: an additional 30% OFF!
• TAKE ALL! Again, for a very limited time, if you book a new cruise by December 12, 2020 for any published voyage through 2023, you may TAKE ALL. This limited time offer is a tremendous value allowing you to add all five of our Free at Sea amenities (TAKE ALL) in any cabin category and any voyage: a free unlimited beverage package, free specialty dining, a free Wi-Fi package, free shore excursion credits and reduced rates for family and friends – a value of up to $2,890 per person!
• A $150 discount + Lower Deposit! If you purchase a CruiseFirst certificate, which is a certificate towards your next cruise, for $150, we will match it with an additional $150 discount. For CruiseFirst terms and conditions, please visit https://www.ncl.com/terms/cruisefirst.

Wow, for our December cruise we only got 10% discount, would have loved the other offers too

Not surprising.  Just glad I did not book the Feb 2021 cruise I wanted to when I got back from the Encore in March.  Covid was heating up then but thought in one year things would be better.  WRONG.

At least there is light at the end of the tunnel with the vaccine coming.  Although this is going to be another hurdle for the cruise lines.  I see people arguing about wearing masks when they are vaccinated, etc.  Its going to be another year before normalcy comes back.  

2 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Not surprising.  Just glad I did not book the Feb 2021 cruise I wanted to when I got back from the Encore in March.  Covid was heating up then but thought in one year things would be better.  WRONG.

At least there is light at the end of the tunnel with the vaccine coming.  Although this is going to be another hurdle for the cruise lines.  I see people arguing about wearing masks when they are vaccinated, etc.  Its going to be another year before normalcy comes back.  Its really scary now with over 3000 Covid deaths per day in the USA.

Edited by david_sobe

On 12/2/2020 at 5:29 PM, goldmom said:

Darn, cancelled too soon.  Had the Gem 3/4/21 cruise booked and cancelled it yesterday and moved the deposit to a 2022 cruise.

Missed out of the 10% off offer.  Oh well.

I got a little lucky.  My 2/1/2021 13 day Jade cruise final payment was 12/3/20.  Even though we were going to cancel, I waited till the end.  NCL cancelled it on 12/2, and I did get the 10% off.  Booked a late Jan 2022 11 day cruise on the Dawn, with the extra 10% off it was barely cheaper than our 13 day trip that was cancelled.  Without the added 10% discount, the 11 day trip would have been $100 pp more than the 13 day trip.  (The 13 day Jade was booked last Nov with 30% off as well).

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 4:29 PM, goldmom said:

Darn, cancelled too soon.  Had the Gem 3/4/21 cruise booked and cancelled it yesterday and moved the deposit to a 2022 cruise.

Missed out of the 10% off offer.  Oh well.

That is why we are waiting till final payment is due to cancel. Just changed om website from Dec 22 to Feb 22. Is a 9 day cruise on the Breakaway so it should be canceled soon as the CDC is not allowing anything over 7 days

• Like 1

Well, I'm glad some of you got lucky with the cancellations.  Live and learn.  Although you never know.  I was afraid that NCL wouldn't cancel the March 2021 cruise until after final payment had been made.  Then I'd have to wait for the refund and figured by the time I re-booked to a later date they would have raised the prices.

Oh well, I out-thought myself.  Lol!

I'll just keep watching for any price drops and look forward to being able to cruise again.

2 hours ago, goldmom said:

Well, I'm glad some of you got lucky with the cancellations.  Live and learn.  Although you never know.  I was afraid that NCL wouldn't cancel the March 2021 cruise until after final payment had been made.  Then I'd have to wait for the refund and figured by the time I re-booked to a later date they would have raised the prices.

Oh well, I out-thought myself.  Lol!

I'll just keep watching for any price drops and look forward to being able to cruise again.

I don't think you made a mistake at all.  A 10% off credit is nice,  but it's not worth the worry that something might happen.  If canceling made you feel better and relieved,  that's worth more then the 10%, in my opinion.   Also, I'm not sure,  but isn't the discount only good for one year? So, if you can't travel within a year,  wouldn't you lose that 10% anyway?

On 12/2/2020 at 12:56 PM, diplomats said:

A 10% OFF discount on your next cruise with us, combinable with all available promotions at the time of booking. The 10% OFF discount will be automatically added to your Latitudes account and will be available as of Thursday, December 3, 2020. This discount can be used to make a booking through December 2, 2021 and can be applied towards any sailings through December 31, 2022.

9 minutes ago, jezabel80 said:

I'm not sure,  but isn't the discount only good for one year? So, if you can't travel within a year,  wouldn't you lose that 10% anyway?

From the OPs official posting. @jezabel80 not saying you're wrong about what you're saying, however, it does state that the FCCs with 10% discount is good until Dec. 31 '22.  So far, I only cruises booked for 2022 having just cancelled my April,11, '21 cruise.  I'm hoping that by fall of '21 things will be close to normal. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

From the OPs official posting. @jezabel80 not saying you're wrong about what you're saying, however, it does state that the FCCs with 10% discount is good until Dec. 31 '22.  So far, I only cruises booked for 2022 having just cancelled my April,11, '21 cruise.  I'm hoping that by fall of '21 things will be close to normal. 

Ok, good to know.    I wasn't sure.  So it's good for two years. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Well, you need to book the cruise by end of December 2021 but the cruise just needs to be prior to Dec. 31 2022. 

Thanks.   Hopefully  2021 will be a better year, and we will be able to cruise before 2022.   Most importantly, praying for health and happiness for everyone.   Soon,  we will able to have some fun!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jezabel80 said:

I don't think you made a mistake at all.  A 10% off credit is nice,  but it's not worth the worry that something might happen.  If canceling made you feel better and relieved,  that's worth more then the 10%, in my opinion.   Also, I'm not sure,  but isn't the discount only good for one year? So, if you can't travel within a year,  wouldn't you lose that 10% anyway?

Thank you and I agree.  I'm not going to stress over not getting the 10% off.  I'm just going to be happy that I have something booked (that will hopefully sail) and can dream about cruising again!

• Like 1

This is the second time we have cancelled or have been cancelled...the first being last March when the Cdn and US governments said do not take a cruise! We cancelled and received 100% FCC while 2 days later NCL cancelled the whole cruise and gave everyone 150% FCC. We were not eligible for the extra amount (we asked). Meanwhile, the not refund pre-paid gratuities...those were added to the FCC as well.

So they send this letter and I'm thinking WOW, they are taking care of their customers that have been cancelled! Well, in reality, the only thing that is different from anyone else booking right now is an additional 10% (couple hundred bucks).

I thought that since it says (in the letter) "This limited time offer is a tremendous value allowing you to add all five of our Free at Sea amenities (TAKE ALL) in any cabin category and any voyage", I should be able to book the Sail Away rooms and still get the Take All. That's a big NO from them! Even though my letter says ANY cabin category, category MX and BX don't count...huh? Where does it say that? Oh, on the website which shows the promotion for everyone, not just those who are being "taken care of".

We were cancelled from a Club Suite but the same cruise for next March is more expensive so now we will have to get a cheaper room, pay more, or not have the Free At Sea like we had in our original booking(s). I feel taken care of...NOT.

I am impressed with the speed of which NCL refunded our money and FCC for our cancelled February cruise. We were fully refunded within 7 business days. Princess has/is taking F O R E V E R! Kudos to NCL! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 2