Current Situation WRT Cancelling or Shifting

SRF

Tomorrow is final payment for a cruise in March.

Is Royal offering any special deals on later cancelling for FCC or shifting or such?  Trying to decide whether to cancel or pay.  I already had one I paid for cancelled not long after final payment.

Thanks.

Terry

7 minutes ago, SRF said:

Tomorrow is final payment for a cruise in March.

Is Royal offering any special deals on later cancelling for FCC or shifting or such?  Trying to decide whether to cancel or pay.  I already had one I paid for cancelled not long after final payment.

Thanks.

Terry

If you pay in full and then Royal cancels you have the option of a 125% FCC or refund. If you cancel now it’s either a refund (refundable deposit) or a 100% FCC.  No difference in lift and shift options. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

5 hours ago, SRF said:

Thanks.

If lift and shift an option still?  And what time limits?

We had a B2B scheduled for March 2021 and L&S to March 22.  You can L&S basically the same #of days  before final payment within a month of the date picking a date one month from the date you had selected in 2021 and price protected.    Or pay final and get a full refund once cancelled or cancel prior to that for an FCC.  We've done many L&S unfortunately due to Covid and hope to cruise the mid of 2021 and into 2022.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, torpeedo said:

We had a B2B scheduled for March 2021 and L&S to March 22.  You can L&S basically the same #of days  before final payment within a month of the date picking a date one month from the date you had selected in 2021 and price protected.    Or pay final and get a full refund once cancelled or cancel prior to that for an FCC.  We've done many L&S unfortunately due to Covid and hope to cruise the mid of 2021 and into 2022.

This is good to know. Already lift and shifted once from July 2020 to July 2021. I have a feeling I will need to do it 1 more time (Alaska). Only thing is I think it has to be for the same cabin and I booked for a studio balcony so my choices are limited since these rooms typically get booked right away. The dates for 2021 that would work for me don't have any studio balconies available and I doubt I'll be able to get them to put me in a normal balcony room unless I pay more money =/

22 minutes ago, CatsinShow said:

Already lift and shifted once from July 2020 to July 2021. I have a feeling I will need to do it 1 more time (Alaska)

Current terms and conditions state that only one lift and shift is allowed...whether they will start allowing a second lift and shift if more cruises get cancelled remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Current terms and conditions state that only one lift and shift is allowed...whether they will start allowing a second lift and shift if more cruises get cancelled remains to be seen.

If things don't improve and no sailings eventually I might be back full circle on L&S's!!!

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yeah I read the terms but Torpedo among others was able to do it. I'd be shocked if they don't allow it again.

6 minutes ago, CatsinShow said:

Yeah I read the terms but Torpedo among others was able to do it. I'd be shocked if they don't allow it again.

Re-read Torpedo's post. They did not lift and shift twice. 

I read one report of someone getting lucky the  first day the itineraries were released but Roysl fixed that loophole. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Re-read Torpedo's post. They did not lift and shift twice. 

I read one report of someone getting lucky the  first day the itineraries were released but Roysl fixed that loophole. 

"We've done many L&S unfortunately due to Covid and hope to cruise the mid of 2021 and into 2022."