Shuttle from Venice to Ravenna

1 hour ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Since large cruise ships are no longer allowed in Venice, will Royal provide free shuttles to the port in Ravenna? 

This is from my TA;

Thank you for contacting xxxx. I can confirm that you are able to use the complimentary shuttles which will be in service on the embarkation date for your upcoming sailing. As you can see from the information provided from Royal Caribbean, their shuttles will be running on the 02.10.2020 between 8am until 1:30pm. You will need to make your way from your hotel back to the airport on the 2nd October in order to board the shuttles and will need to provide the attendants with your cruise boarding passes in order to get on board the service. We are advising passengers to try and get to the airport early to catch the first lot of shuttles departing as the majority of Royal Caribbean passengers arriving on the day of embarkations will arrive around noon which means the shuttles will fill up quickly and we want to avoid any disappointment.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Since large cruise ships are no longer allowed in Venice, will Royal provide free shuttles to the port in Ravenna? 

It strange really Royal seem to be the only major cruise line who have abandoned embarking in Venice.

MSC Costa Holland America Norwegian Seabourn Viking Silversea Oceania Crystal Celebrity Azamara Regent Windstar Seadream Star Clippers Princess
Ritz- Carlton Scenic and probably a few more are all offering cruises starting from Venice.

Some of the ships these companies are cruising with ships that are of a similar tonnage or larger than Rhapsody the ship which was scheduled to depart weekly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, little britain said:

This is from my TA;

Thank you for contacting xxxx. I can confirm that you are able to use the complimentary shuttles which will be in service on the embarkation date for your upcoming sailing. As you can see from the information provided from Royal Caribbean, their shuttles will be running on the 02.10.2020 between 8am until 1:30pm. You will need to make your way from your hotel back to the airport on the 2nd October in order to board the shuttles and will need to provide the attendants with your cruise boarding passes in order to get on board the service. We are advising passengers to try and get to the airport early to catch the first lot of shuttles departing as the majority of Royal Caribbean passengers arriving on the day of embarkations will arrive around noon which means the shuttles will fill up quickly and we want to avoid any disappointment.

Thank you.  That info is very helpful.  Do you, by any chance, know how long a bus ride it is from the airport in Venice to Ravenna?

10 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Thank you.  That info is very helpful.  Do you, by any chance, know how long a bus ride it is from the airport in Venice to Ravenna?

It was mentioned on another thread that traffic congestion is a regular occurrence between Venice and Ravenna and can easily take between 2-3 hours.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

Just now, grapau27 said:

It was mentioned on a similar thread that traffic congestion is a regular occurrence between Venice and Ravenna and can easily take between 2-3 hours.

Yikes!  Don't know we're going to want to sit on a bus for 2=3 hours.  I'm thinking maybe we'll fly into Bologna  and just get our own shuttle to Ravenna.  It looks like Bologna is only 1 hour or less away from Ravenna.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:
10 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Thank you.  That info is very helpful.  Do you, by any chance, know how long a bus ride it is from the airport in Venice to Ravenna?I

11 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

If the traffic is favourable travel on a coach will be a minimum two hours but could take anything up to three.

1 minute ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Yikes!  Don't know we're going to want to sit on a bus for 2=3 hours.  I'm thinking maybe we'll fly into Bologna  and just get our own shuttle to Ravenna.  It looks like Bologna is only 1 hour or less away from Ravenna.

I definitely wouldn’t get the RCG shuffle bus.

Id definitely get to Ravenna at least 24 hours before departure you know what these coach transfer buses are like.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

That would be a better option.

Personally I would fly in a day early and have a hotel stay in Ravenna pre cruise.

Graham.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That would be a better option.

Personally I would fly in a day early and have a hotel stay in Ravenna pre cruise.

Graham.

We toured Ravenna on a cruise 4 years ago , some nice restaurants, also has Dante’s grave. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

I definitely wouldn’t get the RCG shuffle bus.

Id definitely get to Ravenna at least 24 hours before departure you know what these coach transfer buses are like.

Are you saying it wouldn’t be safe to arrive in Ravenna the day we sail if we were coming from Bologna?  I’m thinking a few precruise days in Bologna would be preferable to Ravenna. 

1 hour ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Are you saying it wouldn’t be safe to arrive in Ravenna the day we sail if we were coming from Bologna?  I’m thinking a few precruise days in Bologna would be preferable to Ravenna. 

I think Bologna is fine for maybe a couple of days but it’s certainly not got to peak of the big cities like Barcelona Rome Florence or Venice.

If you’ve three or four days pre cruise I’d stay in Bologna for two nights then pop to Ravenna for a day or two that again would be enough and you’re then already in your departure city and ready to board no worries about getting to the port.

Only my suggestion but for ease that’s what I’d do I definitely wouldn’t consider the ships transfers.

• Like 1