? about Celebrity Future Cruise Certificate

NonnaTLC

Good Morning!

After attempting to do a "Lift and Shift" unsuccessfully to another cruise, online Celebrity chat person told me to cancel my cruise and request a Future Cruise Certificate.  During the chat, this person told me I could go ahead and reserve my cruise dates and pay the new deposit, so as not to lose the cabin that I had specifically requested.   The extra moneys would then be refunded.  (I actually asked if I could put it towards shore excursions.)  I really do not care which way I get the $, I just do not want to lose my deposit.  Has anyone had experience in this recently.  (during the pandemic?)  Here is the message I received from Celebrity.  

"After confirming that the reservation is eligible for Cruise with Confidence, we will issue and send the Future Cruise Certificate within 30 days."

Thanks to anyone who has answers, I don't know how I could possible plan a cruise without all your help!  (This will be our 3rd cruise, one Celebrity and one not, we loved Celebrity so much we didn't want to risk another poor experience with another cruise line.)  

TIA,

NonnaTLC

Really?   They wouldn't just move your reservation to the new sailing.   Were you past final payment?  Was it a non-refundable deposit?   

If you know what new sailing you want to book I think you should call back and try to get them to do this no matter what without putting out any additional money.

I think we need a few more details.  Was the new cruise the same itinerary as the other, same length, 12 months +/- 4 weeks?  In other words did it meet the criteria for L & S.  Has the original cruise been cancelled?  Are you booked with a non-refundable deposit?