Price increase Jan 1

johng75370

Don’t know how long it has been there but just noticed this on the Regent website:

BOOK TODAY FOR THE BEST VALUE

On January 1, 2021, fares will increase across all voyages, making now the perfect time to reserve your suite. The best value in luxury cruising is even better when you take advantage of the year’s best fares.

Any idea of what level of price increase might be coming?

2 hours ago, johng75370 said:

Don’t know how long it has been there but just noticed this on the Regent website:

BOOK TODAY FOR THE BEST VALUE

On January 1, 2021, fares will increase across all voyages, making now the perfect time to reserve your suite. The best value in luxury cruising is even better when you take advantage of the year’s best fares.

Any idea of what level of price increase might be coming?

To answer your question it will be higher!  We were on our first Regent cruise in January 2020 and right in middle of the cruise a new catalog (with price increases) came out.  No way in hell would they let us book at the old (one day prior) prices.  I guess it is part of their marketing strategy, but lesson learned.... book as early as possible.

Edited by FengShui@Sea
  • Like 1

I saw that too. A yearly increase is to be expected (inflation if nothing else), but I can't imagine it would be anything significant and the complete unease of the market. I think promos will be aplenty for some time.

I certainly am not going to rush to book the cruise we are thinking of for fall 2021 because of this.

Quarterly, most fares have historically risen $100; some more and some not at all; depends on how well a cruise is selling.  This time I think we should expect $100 across the board and additional where Regent thinks the market will bear it.