If a vaccine is mandated in order to cruise will you get one?

molly361

If a vaccine is mandated in order for you to cruise will you get one?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. If a vaccine is mandated in order for you to cruise will you get one?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

4 hours ago, ace2542 said:

The discussion comparing nhs to private appears to have vanished but I will put this into the mix fwiw. My father 82 and diabetic is going for his vaccine in our small home town Wednesday. They rang him like 10 minutes ago and he is not in the top priority grouping not to my knowledge. The rollout in UK seems to be moving pretty quick if they are getting in touch with him. We had thought he would be at least late Jan or Feb. I can believe the figure being touted in America for 100 million by march given the speed of things.

The discussion disappeared because someone reported it, although the admins don't make any statement about it.  They just delete and leave . Some people get butt hurt by discussions that aren't exactly in line with either their beliefs or the topic of the thread.  It's a bit OCD.  

At 82 and diabetic I would think he is in the top priority group. Outside of frontline and healthcare workers, he is in the highest risk group just based on age.

Edited by BND

Just now, BND said:

At 82 and diabetic I would think he is in the top priority group. Outside of frontline and healthcare workers, he is in the highest risk group just based on age

I agree with that. But apparently care home residents where to be done first along with the frontline staff that has been the statement all along. That appears to have been put a bit on the back burner given the storage issues for care homes with the vaccine and having it spoil. I had expected him to be in probably group 2. But since the vaccine has hit the GP surgeries. They are ringing around the so called at risk groups on their lists I suppose.

On 12/14/2020 at 5:38 PM, ace2542 said:

I agree with that. But apparently care home residents where to be done first along with the frontline staff that has been the statement all along. That appears to have been put a bit on the back burner given the storage issues for care homes with the vaccine and having it spoil. I had expected him to be in probably group 2. But since the vaccine has hit the GP surgeries. They are ringing around the so called at risk groups on their lists I suppose.

Exactly this.  To a large extent the NHS are waiting for the Oxford vaccine to be approved.  They are only starting now locally to look for vaccinators to do the general public.  Large public halls have been booked.  I have put myself forward to do the vaccinations.  Had my own one last week.  Only side-effects have been that I have been that I have put on a lot of weight and have a large bald patch.  My wife insists that started happening twenty years ago.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

There is much excitement in the Lotte household. FIL 82 had his first dose of the Phizer vaccine yesterday. He got the call last week but was unable to get to the vaccination centre for that one so had to reschedule.  2nd jab is on 7th Jab. 

So that's one of us going cruising next year 😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

Exactly this.  To a large extent the NHS are waiting for the Oxford vaccine to be approved

And it needs to be approved. For the care home sector it might be the only game in town as it can be taken into the homes without all this freezing business and the messing about of getting older people to centres. So much easier for them to handle. It will drive a coach and horses through this country's vaccination plans if it is not.