How long can Celebrity/RCL hold on with little or no revenue?

Plato123

5 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Now they are thinking about making travel even more difficult - evaluating potentially requiring a negative Covid test even for domestic flights.   That would be a nightmare due to the lack of a central process for testing.  In my state, the free tests can take anywhere from 2-5 days to return results, and then at least for the state/county places you only get a phone call; no documentation.  So then what?  Try to get tested elsewhere where you may need to pay, and then try later to get your insurance company to cover it, which they may not do unless you lie and claim symptoms or exposure.  Do I really want to front $150 pp for a test when I was able to get a flight for $75 pp???  And if that happens, testing will once again be almost as difficult to obtain as vaccines are now due to significantly increased demand.   What a nightmare.

I have been getting tested to be able to see my dad in his nursing home. I have to have a negative test every week. I use a local free standing emergency room that takes my Medicare Advantage plan with Aetna. I have not paid any co pays for the testing either. These are the instant tests that take 15 minutes to get results. If I have to be tested to fly or cruise, I do not see it as anything more than a minor inconvenience. 

4 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I have been getting tested to be able to see my dad in his nursing home. I have to have a negative test every week. I use a local free standing emergency room that takes my Medicare Advantage plan with Aetna. I have not paid any co pays for the testing either. These are the instant tests that take 15 minutes to get results. If I have to be tested to fly or cruise, I do not see it as anything more than a minor inconvenience. 

I'm glad for you, but unfortunately that doesn't do me any good, and thousands of others in my situation.  Curious - what type of evidence do they provide for you?  That is the real kicker here for us.  Also here, just FYI, nursing homes still don't allow visitors regardless of testing.  Very sad for the residents and their families.

6 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Curious - what type of evidence do they provide for you?  That is the real kicker here for us.  Also here, just FYI, nursing homes still don't allow visitors regardless of testing.  Very sad for the residents and their families.

They provide a signed certificate which the nursing home takes. In Texas, if you are the primary care giver you can visit a patient in skilled nursing and assisted living facilities with weekly negative testing. My wife's mother passed away last September in a memory care facility in Oregon and none of her family members were able to visit for the prior 6 months. She was a very religious Catholic and the facility would not even let a Priest in to give last rights. She basically died alone. That would not have happened here in Texas.

Edited by terrydtx