Couple of age related questions

Flo71

My daughter and her partner want to book a Princess UK cruise sailing form Southampton Oct 2022. At the moment they are 20 and 23 at the time of travel she will be 21 and he will be 24. Can she make the booking now in her name and purchase Princess plus with the alcohol package included?  She will be making all the plans etc, booking excursions and so on so would like to make the booking.

Thanks in advance

All of my bookings show my age when sailing so she should get the PBP alcohol package when booking at the Plus rate.

If not call Princess to correct the problem.

From the BSE offer details:

Premier Beverage Package is only valid for guests 1 & 2 per stateroom who are 21 years or older. Guests who are under 21 years of age at the time of sailing can still book BSE, but will receive the Premier Coffee & Soda Package

Edited by Astro Flyer

22 hours ago, Flo71 said:

My daughter and her partner want to book a Princess UK cruise sailing form Southampton Oct 2022. At the moment they are 20 and 23 at the time of travel she will be 21 and he will be 24. Can she make the booking now in her name and purchase Princess plus with the alcohol package included?  She will be making all the plans etc, booking excursions and so on so would like to make the booking.

Thanks in advance

Hi Flo,

This is a bit of a US/UK anomaly but I think you need to be 21 years of age to actually make a booking with Princess Cruises, so there is a possibility that the 23 year old passenger may have to be the lead name making the booking.  The other issue is the minimum age for consuming alcohol on board. Cruises ex-Southampton have a minimum age of 18 as they follow UK legislation for ex-Southampton cruises.  I have booked Princess Plus on my next cruise with my daughter.  She will be 18 years old on sail date (was 17 years old at time of booking) but the Princess Plus fare structure was accepted.  We also get a free alcoholic mini-bar set up due to my being classified as Elite in the Captain's Circle whereas she is only Platinum.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

The relevant page on the Princess website is:

https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/uk/princess-plus/

Scroll down to the relevant question: "What if I have children travelling, can I get reduced rate for the other drinks packages? The criterion they give is the "Legal Drinking Age".  So soda/coffee type packages for anyone under 18 years of age.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

11 hours ago, john watson said:

The relevant page on the Princess website is:

https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/uk/princess-plus/

Scroll down to the relevant question: "What if I have children travelling, can I get reduced rate for the other drinks packages? The criterion they give is the "Legal Drinking Age".  So soda/coffee type packages for anyone under 18 years of age.

Regards John

And that would be as of embarkation date, not booking date.