Yacht Club Questions(1st Time MSC)

Dsciorti

3 minutes ago, Até said:

Is that text from your Booking Confirmation?

The text is from the confirmation but...

4 minutes ago, Até said:

If so what date is on pages 2 & 3 under "Cancellation date (No penalty)"?

...of course, it reads something that makes no sense...

"Cancellation date(No penalty): 09/22/19"

...so I'd need a time machine. 

7 minutes ago, Até said:

Unfortunately there has also been other posters and myself that were told by MSC US that YC deposits are now non-refundable on new bookings. 

I'm tempted to make a new booking and after a week, cancel it just to see if I get the deposit returned. 

12 minutes ago, Até said:

The "terms" that sometimes show up on the last pages of the Booking Confirmation, as well as the page two Cancellation date have been horribly erratic.  Luckily I too have several confirmations of the same sailing with different policy/dates, if I cancel and MSC refuses to refund the deposit I will appeal to my credit card showing them the confirmations that have the deposits as refundable.

"The Company reserves the right to modify or amend these Booking Terms and Conditions and the Conditions of Carriage at any time without notice."

The contradictions actually bother me more than the non-refundable deposits. If MSC sends me something today that reads that the deposit is refundable, it should be that. If the website has the opposite, either change the latter to match the former or change the former to match the latter. 

If anyone is refused a deposit return more than 120 days out, please let us know. 

• Like 1

With deposits now at $398 I haven't been willing to make a new YC booking.  I did make one $98 booking in July while MSC US was in the process of changing the Terms & Conditions - when the Section One wording said non-refundable but the Section 12 chart showed it as refundable before day 120.  My first Booking Confirmation showed refundable in both areas, earlier this year I made some changes and the Cancellation date changed to a question mark and the "terms" at the end disappeared.  I ended up cancelling in March and was refunded in about a week.

I now download the Terms & Conditions when I book and insist that a Booking Confirmation is sent as a courtesy hold before I make the deposit payment because for the past two years the policies change too fast and then you can't find the old Terms any longer.  I don't pre-purchase anything online because it makes you accept the new Terms.  I figure I agree to any Terms changes when I make final payment, otherwise my credit card has said I only have agreed to the Terms and refund policy on the date I booked.

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The text is from the confirmation but...

...of course, it reads something that makes no sense...

"Cancellation date(No penalty): 09/22/19"

...so I'd need a time machine. 

I'm tempted to make a new booking and after a week, cancel it just to see if I get the deposit returned. 

"The Company reserves the right to modify or amend these Booking Terms and Conditions and the Conditions of Carriage at any time without notice."

The contradictions actually bother me more than the non-refundable deposits. If MSC sends me something today that reads that the deposit is refundable, it should be that. If the website has the opposite, either change the latter to match the former or change the former to match the latter. 

If anyone is refused a deposit return more than 120 days out, please let us know. 

Just for the heck of it, I checked with MSC today. Our deposit is refundable up to the 120 day period. 

50 minutes ago, Até said:

With deposits now at $398 I haven't been willing to make a new YC booking.  I did make one $98 booking in July 

I think that the deposit here is 15% of the cruisefare and it's always nonrefundable. I have paid almost $1500 for our cruise next summer but that also include insurence so it's not only the deposit.

On 5/3/2021 at 1:37 PM, jules815 said:

Just pulled up our booking and it says the same thing.

We're (hopefully) sailing 10/16/21. As long as my husband can drink his Hendricks G&T's, he'll be happy. As I recall, our last cruise on Seaside back in 1/19, according to the included "list," Hendricks wasn't included at that time, but even without upgrading, my husband was able to get it no problem at all. In fact, one evening he was drinking rum and Coke's, and the bartender insisted on him trying some of the specialty rums they had, which were definitely part of the PP package that we hadn't paid for.

It would be nice to know ahead of time, as we'll have quite a bit of credit to use with online purchases prior to sailing. 

I'm the same with my Hendrick's.  Didn't have a problem getting it last time, even though it was in the upper shelf list.