Christmas Markets

F19810

3 minutes ago, Roz said:

I have a Yuletide cruise booked for this coming December thru The Netherlands and Belgium. 

Would you like to tell us which company this is? I seem to remember you mentioning this a few weeks ago, I may have just forgotten.

I oddly have no interest in tulip cruises and would also prefer to go later in the year. I have been to Brussels Christmas market, it was great. Would love to see Brussels again - for the chocolate, museums and Art Nouveau architecture.

That brings me to an idea for the OP: if the river cruise does not work out for whatever reason, you could do a city Christmas market trip using the Eurostar services. London, Lille, Brussels, then German service to Aachen and Cologne could be one route. The train journey is fast and comfortable. In first class even more so and the first class Thalys service (Belgian alternative to German ICE) is almost luxurious compared to your average regional train. I loved it.

notamermaid

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We did the AMA Magnificent Europe Christmas Cruise in 2014. (14 Day Budapest to Amsterdam) One of the things I loved about it was you could see so much from the river while cruising. We also did the Magnificent Europe cruise on AMA in 2013 but in May. (Amsterdam to Budapest) It is very beautiful but with the trees in full leaf, it is hard to see past the river in many places. In December, you don't have that problem. Obviously, you can't enjoy the outdoor areas of the ship as much so there are trade offs. But there is something great about walking through a little village with a hot beverage as the snowflakes start to fall.🙂