HMC and Cheers

CruiserJul

I have heard that the computer system at HMC is not connected to the ships system in real time so that the number of drinks can't be tracked. Cheers has a 15 alcoholic drink limit where Royals program has no limit. Of course we all know that the technology exists. 😎

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

I have heard that the computer system at HMC is not connected to the ships system in real time so that the number of drinks can't be tracked. Cheers has a 15 alcoholic drink limit where Royals program has no limit. Of course we all know that the technology exists. 😎

I don’t think it takes a rocket scientist to know why Carnival doesn’t allow Cheers to be used at HMC...it is 100% about money. This is one area (the drink package can be used on private islands) where RCI’s package is far superior to Carnival’s Cheers. Plus RCI’s drink package is unlimited, while Carnival limits you to 15 drinks per day. However, I think the 15 drink limit is not an issue for the majority of passengers who have Cheers. 

• Like 1

Carnival could easily get around this with a stipulation that if you go over 15 drinks at HMC you would be billed at face value any drinks in excess of 15. They obviously can track how much you buy a la carte so they could do this also. But we know they won't because it's all about the almighty dollar. If I had cheers I would be "reverse smuggling" and bringing cheers drinks in a small cooler 12x12x12 as allowed to bring on ship at embarkation.

9 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

If I had cheers I would be "reverse smuggling" and bringing cheers drinks in a small cooler 12x12x12 as allowed to bring on ship at embarkation.

On one of our cruises with a stop at Grand Turk years ago, I took a double lined plastic bag with ice and cooled 4 unopened cans of beer from the ship and enjoyed them poolside.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Carnival could easily get around this with a stipulation that if you go over 15 drinks at HMC you would be billed at face value any drinks in excess of 15. They obviously can track how much you buy a la carte so they could do this also. But we know they won't because it's all about the almighty dollar. If I had cheers I would be "reverse smuggling" and bringing cheers drinks in a small cooler 12x12x12 as allowed to bring on ship at embarkation.

Absolutely. Don't know if you ever noticed it or not, but the drink prices on the island are slightly higher than on the ship. 😎