Royal Princess Wine List

asdf1245

17 hours ago, Thrak said:

The closest Total Wines to my house is more than 80 miles away. The last time I was there they only had 6 bottles of Spellbound Petite Sirah. I bought all of them. The section that will ship wine doesn't ever seem to have any when I check. I've never been able to find it here in my home town. I could probably get someone to order it but don't really want to go that route.

Thrak, why don't you order that Spellbound Petite Sirah from the winery?  I just checked their web site.  They are selling the 2017 for $15/bottle with a 10% discount for case purchases.  Yes, you will have to pay for delivery, but, at least, then you will have one of your favorite wines on hand.  FWIW, I get cases shipped to Southern California (ground) for about $25.  I have to believe shipping to your patch in Chico would be a tad less.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

Thrak, why don't you order that Spellbound Petite Sirah from the winery?  I just checked their web site.  They are selling the 2017 for $15/bottle with a 10% discount for case purchases.  Yes, you will have to pay for delivery, but, at least, then you will have one of your favorite wines on hand.  FWIW, I get cases shipped to Southern California (ground) for about $25.  I have to believe shipping to your patch in Chico would be a tad less.

Shipping appears to be $28 anywhere in California for regular ground. Just ordered a case. Thanks. 😁

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Shipping appears to be $28 anywhere in California for regular ground. Just ordered a case. Thanks. 😁

Great.      👍👍👍      Now you can take it on your next cruise.    

2 hours ago, XBGuy said:

Great.      👍👍👍      Now you can take it on your next cruise.    

Nah... All of our cruises were cancelled. We're not booked for anything until January of 2022. "Maybe" those cruises will happen. The wine will be long gone by then. My wife is the main wine drinker. She usually picks up Menage a Trois at either Costco or Trader Joe's. Inexpensive and a solid wine for her vin ordinaire. We'll likely just book with the promo that includes the beverage package and drink what they have on the ship. The cruises we have booked are in Australia/New Zealand/Tasmania. I really have no desire to haul wine to Australia. We sail out of Melbourne and it's a b2b2b so we hit Melbourne at each segment. We can buy some Aussie wine for the cabin. I wish they would change their alcohol policy and let us bring some Aussie beer onboard. I've never had Aussie beer but they seem to be folks who enjoy their brew and I'd like to try it.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jennybenny said:

That is far away! We are lucky enough to have one close by. I don't take Spellbound on cruises, but I do buy it at home and it reminds me of Princess and my good friends Mary and Richard, which I met on a cruise. 🙂 I usually will take some Caymus, some Fontanella Beckstoffer GIII bottles, sparkling, and whatever DH wants 🙂 We also get the beverage package, but since they've decreased the bottle discount, we don't buy bottles anymore. It's whatever is by the glass and it's always disappointing to hear "we are out of that".  

What was the bottle discount before?  It's 25% now, isn't it?

16 minutes ago, suzyed said:

What was the bottle discount before?  It's 25% now, isn't it?

It was 40%, and yes, I think it's 25% now

I remember the days when Princess wines were a decent $15-25 more than what it would cost at the store. I never brought wine then. I don't feel I'm old, but I feel that ages me! 🙂