ENCORE AFT BALCONY CABINS

foxjim1

CAN ANYONE TELL ME (IF THEY HAVE STAYED IN AFT CABINS ON THE 15 DECK) IF THEY HAD A PROBLEM WITH NOISE FROM THE SPEEDWAY A FEW DECKS ABOVE OR PROBLEMS WITH WIND, SOOT OR MOTION? CAN YOU ADVISE WICH DECK YOU STAYED ON PLEASE WE HAVE A CABIN BOOKED ON DECK 9 BUT THINK WE WANT TO MOVE TO A HIGHER DECK!

If you're on deck 9, you have the deepest balcony. Anything higher may have a better view but your balcony will be smaller. A good compromise is deck 12. It's the 2nd deepest, has a good height for view, and you don't have to worry about anything that is above you. 

There are also differences in bed location and balcony width to consider.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

20 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

If you're on deck 9, you have the deepest balcony. Anything higher may have a better view but your balcony will be smaller. A good compromise is deck 12. It's the 2nd deepest, has a good height for view, and you don't have to worry about anything that is above you. 

There are also differences in bed location and balcony width to consider.

4 hours ago, foxjim1 said:

CAN ANYONE TELL ME (IF THEY HAVE STAYED IN AFT CABINS ON THE 15 DECK) IF THEY HAD A PROBLEM WITH NOISE FROM THE SPEEDWAY A FEW DECKS ABOVE OR PROBLEMS WITH WIND, SOOT OR MOTION? CAN YOU ADVISE WICH DECK YOU STAYED ON PLEASE WE HAVE A CABIN BOOKED ON DECK 9 BUT THINK WE WANT TO MOVE TO A HIGHER DECK!

On Deck 15, you have the Galaxy pavilion directly above you (which is a virtual reality ride area) on Deck 16. So, you may get some noise while the rides are running. Above that on Deck 17 is the Spice H20 which has music and entertainment at night (depending on itinerary). The cars on the motorway on Deck 18 are electric (not gas) so they are not [very] noisy (they have some imitation car noises).  

I would personally distance myself from the Deck 16 and 17 public areas and pick a room further down. 

We've been on an aft balcony on the Bliss, deck 11. There is sometimes soot, it wasn't horrible, but I did use a towel to wipe the chairs down before setting on them, and always wore something on my feet when going out on the balcony.  That being said, I would book an aft balcony every cruise if I could, I LOVED it.

Edited by DCP
misspelling

Last year we had an aft cabin on the Getaway. Deck 14, the Garden Cafe was immediately above us and Spice H20 above the Garden Cafe. We never noticed any noise inside our cabin. We did hear music from H20 and occasional chair scraping noises when we were on the deck. Neither were ever excessive or disturbing and it wasn't even all that frequent. I wouldn't shy away from a top level aft deck due to noise concerns. So far in my limited cruising experience; the aft cabin has been my favorite.