Marina on Smithsonian Channel

tgg

My husband and I, along with 2 other couples, were on this 12 night sailing from July 29 to August 9, 2018 and was very much looking forward to finally seeing this episode. I have to admit, as we watched the show last evening  (which I scheduled to record as soon as I knew it was going to be televised based on watching this seasons other cruise ship episodes) we were very disappointed with the final product. Based on the amount of time we saw the filming crew as we entered or exited multiple public venues and the four Specialty restaurants), we expected to see a lot more of the interior of the Ship.

If nothing else, they could have captured the hundreds of lobster tails grilled every day for lunch in the Terrace Cafe !!!💖

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 3:54 PM, Loracpin2 said:

My husband and I, along with 2 other couples, were on this 12 night sailing from July 29 to August 9, 2018 and was very much looking forward to finally seeing this episode. I have to admit, as we watched the show last evening  (which I scheduled to record as soon as I knew it was going to be televised based on watching this seasons other cruise ship episodes) we were very disappointed with the final product. Based on the amount of time we saw the filming crew as we entered or exited multiple public venues and the four Specialty restaurants), we expected to see a lot more of the interior of the Ship.

If nothing else, they could have captured the hundreds of lobster tails grilled every day for lunch in the Terrace Cafe !!!💖

There must be others on this Board who were also on this sailing since we toured with a few other couples who we met through the Roll Call. Whether they reply or not, hope they are all Healthy!! 

Had to love the commercial for ' Greatest Ship Disasters" during this show. We did a similar itinerary on Marina in  August, 2017. A great trip but as others have said, don't expect Caribbean weather.

1 hour ago, Lew Port said:

Does Oceania plan to sail this exact itinerary in the future ?
The ports looked great and my much better half wants to go to the British Isles

when travel returns in 2022.

Thanks

I don't know about future UK itineraries.  However, in 2013 we took an Oceania cruise on Marina that from London/Southampton which included Belfast (saw Giants Causeway, gate dividing city etc., not Titanic things), Lerwick (loved the town; rented a car to see the island, including ponies/puffins), Cork/Cobh, Invergordon/Inverness, Dublin, Portland/Weymouth and back to Southampton. The cruise gave us a taste of Norway as well - gorgeous Alesund and fjords around Geiranger.  We loved this itinerary.  Oceania has fabulous itineraries - perhaps that was one reason the producers/editors of this episode chose to highlight the ports more than some viewers would have liked.

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea