Transforamtion beginning?

27 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Pacific Explorer is not really Melbourne based. She is shared around.

2021/22 season we only get a few cruises between Dec and late Jan only.  We have a couple of short ones and an 11 night NZ New Year cruise and then 12 night Island trip in January followed by a few 3-4 night short trips scheduled.

After that she is based in Adelaide in Feb/March.  Couple of good trips from Adelaide across the bight to WA and a 16 nighter to the Islands via Syd.  Wish we could go over to the west from Melb.

She is also scheduled to sail in New Zealand waters if they ever let ships back.

Not sure how they are going to deploy 3 ships fair and square.  They really need a couple of smaller ones also.  Slim pickings down south.

It is heartbreaking to see Golden in such a sad state but I am sure she will look grand when a new coat of paint is applied and the Southern Cross on her bow.

You should start a P&O information thread ,so people can go there and get all the relevant information.

Thats the problem information is here there and everywhere.

Until Border Force actually say that ships can come back and the relevant states agree to let them berth  who knows what the schedules will be.  I just keep watching the ones that are listed for Melbourne and the P&O Au ships in particular because I feel they may be the first big ones to sail here in Aus.

I keep my fingers and toes crossed that something good may happen.  I will take any bit of good news  that keeps my hopes up. 

I don't believe that P&O will throw good money after bad which is why I think that refurbishing the ships is promising.  Carnival's Spirit and Splendor are still in Singaporean waters which is also good news.  I am wondering if Carnival may send the Legend back now that the Alaskan season is a no go.  If cruising gets the go-ahead for next summer season then we could support another ship down south.

• Like 1

There is also a lovely brand new terminal waiting to open in Brisbane which I am sure Princess Anastasia would love to open although I feel that pragmatic Gladys may steel the race with her logical way of dealing with things.

I have bouts of feeling positive and bouts of feeling desperate and that I will be too old when the opportunity to sail comes back.

Time for the grey nomad to take her afternoon walk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ondine said:

Until Border Force actually say that ships can come back and the relevant states agree to let them berth  who knows what the schedules will be.  I just keep watching the ones that are listed for Melbourne and the P&O Au ships in particular because I feel they may be the first big ones to sail here in Aus.

I keep my fingers and toes crossed that something good may happen.  I will take any bit of good news  that keeps my hopes up. 

I don't believe that P&O will throw good money after bad which is why I think that refurbishing the ships is promising.  Carnival's Spirit and Splendor are still in Singaporean waters which is also good news.  I am wondering if Carnival may send the Legend back now that the Alaskan season is a no go.  If cruising gets the go-ahead for next summer season then we could support another ship down south.

Agreed.

15 hours ago, Ondine said:

If next season here is a goer and our government allows it.

there will wall to wall ships in our ports, 

Brisbane,sydney,Melbourne,Perth and probably a ship in Adelaide.

And I think they will fill them as our boarders will still be closed.