Transforamtion beginning?

6 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Only used for the PES happy hours in the early evening, around 5 or 5.30 to 7-7.30pm. We would go up there at all hours for a quiet nook, being able to see the wake as well as forward was great.

Yes a great spot at any time.

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Chairman of the Board for me.

That's no longer on the happy hour drinks list.

The Boulevardier is similar to a Negroni only with whiskey instead of gin. It's the only happy hour drink that isn't too sweet for me. 

2 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Loved going up there in the daytime and looking forward to the bow.  Brilliant on rough days when you can see the spray coming over the bows and the pitching of the ship.  Gives you an idea of how rough the seas are.

I think she looks better from the side, rather elegant when viewed a distance away.  Not good from aft.

Not many ships do look good from behind.

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's no longer on the happy hour drinks list.

The Boulevardier is similar to a Negroni only with whiskey instead of gin. It's the only happy hour drink that isn't too sweet for me. 

Shame, although compared to some other lines, I think it pretty outrageous to charge $7.50 for happy hour drinks anyway.

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Shame, although compared to some other lines, I think it pretty outrageous to charge $7.50 for happy hour drinks anyway.

True but some of the nibblies are nice, especially the steak tartare and the Stilton.

3 hours ago, By The Bay said:

Why didn't they paint her whilst she was in dry-dock? Must be a cost thing?

It seems a bit silly especially as they put the new artwork on her. Perhaps the dry dock is heavily booked so they left any more above the waterline work until after she left there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 10:49 AM, tjloweau said:

I believe Pacific Encounter will be based in Brisbane

Correct - Pacific Encounter - Bris based, Pacific Adventure - Syd Based and Pacific Explorer - MELB based.
No mention of Fremantle / Perth.

3 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Correct - Pacific Encounter - Bris based, Pacific Adventure - Syd Based and Pacific Explorer - MELB based.
No mention of Fremantle / Perth.

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Looks like a mob of bogans chundered over the side, lol.

This one looks a bit upmarket for P&O.

I suppose with a few applied rust stains,slash some of the seats and add electrical problems it will fit the market.

I heard some of the pubs around Mt druitt and fortitude valley have fliers on their message boards looking for staff.

Stubbies and blue singlets supplied.

• Haha 1

Pacific Explorer is not really Melbourne based. She is shared around.

2021/22 season we only get a few cruises between Dec and late Jan only.  We have a couple of short ones and an 11 night NZ New Year cruise and then 12 night Island trip in January followed by a few 3-4 night short trips scheduled.

After that she is based in Adelaide in Feb/March.  Couple of good trips from Adelaide across the bight to WA and a 16 nighter to the Islands via Syd.  Wish we could go over to the west from Melb.

She is also scheduled to sail in New Zealand waters if they ever let ships back.

Not sure how they are going to deploy 3 ships fair and square.  They really need a couple of smaller ones also.  Slim pickings down south.

It is heartbreaking to see Golden in such a sad state but I am sure she will look grand when a new coat of paint is applied and the Southern Cross on her bow.

• Like 1