POA Balcony Cabins

Julma

We paid the extra for an aft cabin on POA.  Considering how much time we spent on the ship it really wasn't worth it.  And I think it was Maui, one of the overnight ports, we were treated to ongoing loading of gravel throughout the day.  

Better to get a "good balcony" for less and spend on your on-shore activities.  

In 2017 we had 9202 which was an aft facing cabin. The balcony was huge, but it had a lot of soot. We had to take out beach towels to sit on the chairs/lounges. We always get an aft facing cabin and  this is the first time we had such a problem. In December, we are moving down a deck and see what happens to the soot issue. 

P1050885.JPG

P1050886.JPG

I was once signed up with POA and probably will be again soon. The first time I found it rather easy to score a cabin upgrade with a couple lowball bids just a few days before sailing. If true for next sailing, that would suggest to reserve the cheapest acceptable then gamble for better.

But that approach may not work this round, with a wave of folks trying to use expiring credits. I heard they may leave some cabins empty to reduce density or potentially serve as quarantine "jails". Also isn't there a drydock scheduled soon that will reduce availability, or do they push that out due to idleness?

23 hours ago, Julma said:

Looking for opinions on aft, regular and large balcony cabins.  Some appear to be cavernous. 

We also did the Aft on our 2018 cruise, would recommend. Great views of the Napoli Coast.

DSCN0003.JPG

DSCN0103.JPG

DD, DGD, and I have 9702 booked and are excited about an aft balcony this time. We had 9558 and decided to move to an aft this time around. We love this cruise! This time in addition to time spent pre-cruise we are also going to spend one day post-cruise instead of ending our vacation leaving the ship early and sitting in the airport for an early morning flight. 

Loved the aft balcony on our POA cruise in 2014... the shot below was taken about an hour after leaving port in Kauai, on our way to the Na Pali coast.

I'm an early riser and could be found on the balcony every morning with a large mug of coffee enjoying the sunrise.  We're only looking to sail in Aft Balcony cabins from here on out...

20140919_163602.jpg

Edited by azappraiser
  • Like 3

We opted for connecting large balcony cabins when we sailed with my sister. Tons of space for 4 people to easily sit out there and play cards at night. Bring binoculars, the views of the coast are amazing. Cabin #9520 and whatever one was next to it connecting.

7.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

9.jpg

• Like 1