Regal Princess Cabin E436 or E437

CruisinCouple2010

3 hours ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

Has anyone stayed in obstructed balcony E436 or E437 on the Regal Princess? If so, how much of an obstructed view was there? We tried looking for the photo however room #436 wasn’t available. Any information is appreciated.

Thank you

We were in E436 on the Royal Princess for 2 weeks which would be the same as the Regal Princess. Looking outward there was no obstruction, downward was the open area of Promenade deck, aft had lifeboats & forward nothing. The balcony was slightly larger & due to the shape it was slightly protected from the wind. We also enjoyed another Ultimate Balcony Dinner during an evening docked in SF.

We would happily book E436 again! 😊

85604C41-D9FE-43E9-B22D-8B3D5F5BA6C8.jpeg

4053D3EC-F65F-4FD0-81A8-5D7D13EDDC49.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

We were in E436 on the Royal Princess for 2 weeks which would be the same as the Regal Princess. Looking outward there was no obstruction, downward was the open area of Promenade deck, aft had lifeboats & forward nothing. The balcony was slightly larger & due to the shape it was slightly protected from the wind. We also enjoyed another Ultimate Balcony Dinner during an evening docked in SF.

Thank you for the comments. We did book E436 as we thought the obstruction was below which is fine. I just like to see straight out to that beautiful ocean. Your information was very helpful.

1 minute ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

Thank you for the comments. We did book E436 as we thought the obstruction was below which is fine. I just like to see straight out to that beautiful ocean. Your information was very helpful.

Glad that it was helpful & enjoy the unobstructed view looking at the horizon.

image.thumb.jpeg.380fccb5b7b78d5f870f278b731d5455.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/18/2021 at 2:47 PM, Astro Flyer said:

Did you ever feel uncomfortable with the view down from the sea walk above? I’m in this cabin on Majestic, and want to be prepared. It was a “free” bump up from an Interior, so I’m not complaining 🙂

46 minutes ago, ChangeOrder said:

Did you ever feel uncomfortable with the view down from the sea walk above? I’m in this cabin on Majestic, and want to be prepared. It was a “free” bump up from an Interior, so I’m not complaining 🙂

Absolutely no issues from the SeaView Bar 7 decks above us with other cabin balconies in between. 😊

The SeaWalk is on the starboard side and E436 is on the port side.

We never heard any noise from the Promenade deck below us at the top of the Piazza. On the Royal that’s over Crooner’s bar area & on Majestic there would be even less noise over the French bistro. This Fall we’ll be on the Majestic on the starboard side over the shops in another obstructed view balcony without any real obstruction to affect our enjoyment.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

We have been in E-437 a many time.  Love the balcony.  No real obstruction.  But when the took the second chair out of the cabins we moved to a deluxe Balcony on deck 8.  Now look at all cruise lines. that give the two of us a place to sit in the cabin..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2021 at 9:35 PM, geocruiser said:

We have been in E-437 a many time.  Love the balcony.  No real obstruction.  But when the took the second chair out of the cabins we moved to a deluxe Balcony on deck 8.  Now look at all cruise lines. that give the two of us a place to sit in the cabin..

We are looking at E 437 on the Regal as its the only one left on the starboard side, being so close to the entrance to the elevators did you find it noisy ?

On 7/18/2021 at 7:57 PM, 3JCruiser said:

We are looking at E 437 on the Regal as its the only one left on the starboard side, being so close to the entrance to the elevators did you find it noisy ?

Not at all noisy.  I found that rooms away from the elevators had more noise.  People walking down the halls talking.

Another thing that was important for us was that there was a room across the hall from us, or the elevator shaft.  There are some rooms on Emerald deck that have a plain wall across the hall from them. I found that there was a hissing noise from what was ever behind the wall.  At times I could hear it in the cabin.  I have been on Regal 15 times and all time (after the hissing rooms) stayed by either the mid ship or forward elevators.  319 is also a nice cabin.

Cabin 436 is over a bar.  There might be noise from that.

Edited by geocruiser

21 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

We've had that cabin (E436) & never heard a sound. 

Edited by MissP22
Cabin number correction.

17 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

Cabin 436 is over a bar.  There might be noise from that

We had E436 for 2 weeks located over bar area of Crooners but never heard any noise from it so it must be well insulated. And like geocruiser never heard any elevator noise.

Edited by Astro Flyer

18 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

We had E436 for 2 weeks located over bar area of Crooners but never heard any noise from it so it must be well insulated. And like geocruiser never heard any elevator noise.

Good to know about E436.  I was always afraid to try it. Thanks  Astor Flyer & MissP22 for the info.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

Not at all noisy.  I found that rooms away from the elevators had more noise.  People walking down the halls talking.

Another thing that was important for us was that there was a room across the hall from us, or the elevator shaft.  There are some rooms on Emerald deck that have a plain wall across the hall from them. I found that there was a hissing noise from what was ever behind the wall.  At times I could hear it in the cabin.  I have been on Regal 15 times and all time (after the hissing rooms) stayed by either the mid ship or forward elevators.  319 is also a nice cabin.

Thank you so much for the information, have just booked 437 🙂

And thanks to those that posted about 436 also, that's good to know for the next time !

1 hour ago, 3JCruiser said:

Thank you so much for the information, have just booked 437 🙂

And thanks to those that posted about 436 also, that's good to know for the next time !

Happy to help.  You will have a nice balcony with that cabin.

We are taking a transatlantic in 2023 on Sky Princess. We always go for an aft cabin but after reading this thread I’m thinking maybe one of these cabins, low down and mid ship would be better. Is it only 437 and 436 that you recommend or any of the mid ship obstructed cabins. Apart from anything else there is a significant saving involved although that is not so important as the cabin itself. 

We have decided to do a b2b next year and have been lucky enough to book A436 for the second half. For the first cruise we have been offered a small selection of obstructed balconies and looking at the deck plans I can’t tell how much obstruction there will be. 
E228, E303, E608 ,E622, E625 are a few of them. Any advice/comments?

Here’s a website that was created by CC participant Renmar that shows photos he’s received from passengers who have stayed in the Emerald deck obstructed view cabins. Some are more obstructed by lifeboats and/or stanchions than other cabins which you can view on this website.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/ov.php?ship=Sky-Princess&cabins=E101-E230

4 hours ago, sandancer said:

Thank you. That is very helpful information. It has however decide that we will not book an obstructed balcony if it is not mid ship. Unfortunately almost every category is now only guarantee. 

You’re welcome & currently with many cruises having the same type of cabins at the same price I would also want a midship cabin assignment..

You might have some luck through your booking source to get a cabin assignment instead of a guarantee. For one of my cruises all of the midship Emerald deck obstructed view balcony cabins were only guarantees despite booking a year in advance. About 9 months before sailing my TA requested a cabin assignment which was provided. Since then & up until today it’s only showing guarantees available for my cruise sailing in 3 months.

Maybe you could also have your booking source get Princess to give you a cabin assignment like my TA did for us.

Edited by Astro Flyer