Silversea Included Hotel Choices

Host Jazzbeau

If we book the Silversea Sydney to Auckland cruise in Jan 2023 the fare includes a pre-night hotel.  Does Silversea offer a choice of hotels on deals like this?  Or is there a particular hotel (or hotels) that they tend to use in Sydney?  [Early research points me toward wanting the Park Hyatt Sydney]

The Park Hyatt certainly is very well situated adjacent to the Harbour Bridge and opposite the Opera. I'll add a but here. But it is rather less plush and ostentatious than one might expect - I'm not saying that's a bad thing though. 

My fondest recollection is sharing the lift (elevator) with Elle McPherson who was every bit as drop dead gorgeous in real life as in her photos. 

Edited by Tothesunset

They typically use the Four Seasons.  (Grand Hotel Option)

Having regularly stayed at all the 5* options in Sydney my pick was for PH because rooms are larger and the view is excellent.  Until my last 2 stays service has always been second to none.  I've now decided after those 2 it isn't worth 2x the price of the other options.  (Note I stay approx 1x year)

If you have a choice between Shangri la and FS, if you want a nice pool area then FS is a winner.

If you have good mobility and want a larger room then it would be Shang.

46 minutes ago, MrsWaldo said:

They typically use the Four Seasons.  (Grand Hotel Option)

Having regularly stayed at all the 5* options in Sydney my pick was for PH because rooms are larger and the view is excellent.  Until my last 2 stays service has always been second to none.  I've now decided after those 2 it isn't worth 2x the price of the other options.  (Note I stay approx 1x year)

If you have a choice between Shangri la and FS, if you want a nice pool area then FS is a winner.

If you have good mobility and want a larger room then it would be Shang.

Apologies for sidetracking this thread!  I will be brief!  So lovely to see you here MrsWaldo!  Hope you are well!  🥰

Four Seasons is quite nice from what I remember in 2008. We had a view of the Opera House from high up. The room, IIRC, wasn't too big but certainly had enough space for us.

We stayed in the Park Hyatt in 2018 when we went for my birthday trip. I used points for the reservation because the rates were just stupidly expensive. The room was spacious and the hotel beautiful. The location was very convenient. We took the train from the airport and walked to the hotel.

The PH is right next to the big cruise ship terminal, BUT I think SS usually gets shuffled off to the other docks, which are convenient to nothing. They save the new cruise ship terminal for the big ships that are too big to fit under the bridge.

We enjoyed staying at the Rocks Park Hyatt for a Silver Spirit Sydney to LA voyage.

As others note, great location to climb the Harbor Bridge, take a walking tour in/around the Rocks, visit the Botanical Garden, or visit the Opera House. 

When we were, after a early morning run was able to watch the Silver Spirit cruise under the Harbor Bridge enroute to White Bay Cruise terminal (due to size (and $) of SS ships most likely where your Silversea ship will berth.

And Drake and his posse were staying at the PH the two nights we were there.  

• Like 1

The Bridgetown standard hotel was the Hilton, a quite serviceable place with nice rooms, good views, cordial staff, and a smallish spa with very talented therapists.  I say "was" because contracts may change, etc.  This was a year ago.

Edited by Observer

9 hours ago, julmops said:

Slightly digressing but any idea what hotel is used in Rio de Janeiro and Bridgetown ? Many thanks !

I'm new to Silversea, so this is a question based on ignorance:  I thought you only got an included hotel at the start of the sailing?

8 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I'm new to Silversea, so this is a question based on ignorance:  I thought you only got an included hotel at the start of the sailing?

You can book before and after for all cruises.

Not necessarily included, just a hotel add on

• Thanks 1