Adding a link to my posts

I’m sure this information exists somewhere, but I haven’t been able to find it.  I’ve been hosting the Roll Call for the first time for several months now. We have an active band growing with a recent increase in numbers.  I have produced a spreadsheet for it and it’s available for members to edit accordingly.  My problem is that at several new entrants I get asked how they can access the spreadsheet.  Is there a way that I can automatically include the link to the spreadsheet on all of my posts? As I said at the start,  apologies if there is an easy way to get the info, but any help is gratefully accepted.

You can paste a link directly in a post. You can also highlight text in you post and use the link button on the toolbar at the top of acpost editor.

Users have to be able to access the linked item. If you are using a cloud based store make sure you set security on the item to allow access by others. 

3 hours ago, gnome12 said:

Is there a way to see a signature on a phone? That is one thing that I miss when I use CC on my iPhone.

If your iPhone does landscape mode you can. Not all can.  Generally larger screens iPhones can be rotated. Then if there is a signature you will have expand signature option. You also need good eyesight. 

16 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

If your iPhone does landscape mode you can. Not all can.  Generally larger screens iPhones can be rotated. Then if there is a signature you will have expand signature option. You also need good eyesight. 

I just checked. Unless there is something I have to select, rotating my iPhone 8+ just gives me more width, it doesn't show signatures.

1 hour ago, gnome12 said:

... Unless there is something I have to select...

Howdy! emo22.gif

Do you have Signatures turned on?

If not, click your user name at the top right side of this page above the Search bubble.

• Select Account Settings from the Menu
  • On the left side select Signature
  • Look for the following: image.png.c5946c4f68d0b440bd4a3b8c81de6a91.png
  • If your button is gray instead of blue, click it so it will switch to blue
  • Scroll down a bit & click the blue Save button

Hope this will be helpful!  emo34.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

2 hours ago, gnome12 said:

I just checked. Unless there is something I have to select, rotating my iPhone 8+ just gives me more width, it doesn't show signatures.

A lot of people don’t have signatures. Below is a screenshot of your signature on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. 

E5407820-623A-4D79-B2AB-33F5F7B48177.png

12 hours ago, caneable said:

... I have produced a spreadsheet for it and it’s available for members to edit accordingly...

@caneable

Howdy! emo22.gif

Just a friendly emo34.gif reminder...

There are non-Cruise Critic members doing board searches on docs.google.com. From past experiences, what they do "just for fun" is delete/alter the info on UNPROTECTED documents. Gross acts like deletions are easy to recover but wonky alterations are harder to detect and counteract. The ONLY way to deter this is for our members to secure their google documents so that only two or three people can edit them. 

You could make the spreadsheet "read only" to everyone. Allow certain trusted members of your Roll Call have "read/write access". Roll Call members wanting info added/deleted/altered on the spreadsheet would contact those trusted members via email. Also, this would save one person from doing all of the editing.

As for email security, I suggest e-mail addresses be posted as whatever name at wherever dot com to try to prevent harvesting by spambots. Or, just set up a special e-mail address just for correspondence relating to Cruise Critic.

Now these suggested procedures are not "written in stone", but are part of the following from the Guidelines: "... Staff members and our volunteers are here to provide you with an environment that is free from advertising and soliciting, free from harassment, vulgarity and disparaging statements, as well as providing you with a safe haven brought together by those sharing a mutual interest: cruising!..."

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

A lot of people don’t have signatures. Below is a screenshot of your signature on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. 

E5407820-623A-4D79-B2AB-33F5F7B48177.png

I know that I have a signature. I can see it on my desktop and laptop, but not on my iPhone. Unless there is something in my Safari options that I don’t know, I don’t see signatures on my iPhone 8+, either in portrait or landscape mode. 

15 hours ago, gnome12 said:

I know that I have a signature. I can see it on my desktop and laptop, but not on my iPhone. Unless there is something in my Safari options that I don’t know, I don’t see signatures on my iPhone 8+, either in portrait or landscape mode. 

I was just showing you that I can see signatures on my iPhone. I can't explain why you can't. The forum software that CC picked is peculiar in my opinion for  online communities. The other forums I am a member of have dropped Invisionfor other software. The mobile version that CC touts as a reason they choose it  is poor. I rarely bother anymore on my phone. I use a computer and iPad most of the time. Since the pandemic I am home most of the time so not using CC on my phone is not much of an issue.  

Edited by Charles4515

18 minutes ago, broberts said:

I believe differences in display depend on the viewport size reported by the browser. This is dependent on the screen resolution and other factors. Hence the difference between various models of phones.

That makes sense to me.