Refund Timeline

Toofarfromthesea

I had a MSC Seaside cruise booked for 11/7/2020.  MSC cancelled the cruise in early October.  I got a notice on 10/7/20 from my TA informing me and asking whether I wanted FCC or cash.  I opted for cash.  They said they would put the cash refund request in on 11/16/20, the first day cash refund requests could be submitted to MSC.  They said the refund would take 90 days.

About 2 months ago we got a small refund, that I figured out was port fees and taxes.  And today I got the full refund of the cruise fare.

Given the COVID situation I am more than satisfied with this performance.

Maybe if some of you are still awaiting refunds this will be encouraging.

• Like 2

We were booked on the 11-8-20 cruise on the Seaside, not sure if it was the same cruise.

Anyway when I called in November to request a refund, I was told "one to two billing cycles".

When I called in December to check, I still received the "one to two billing cycles" excuse, but I was refunded the taxes and port charges, as you were.

When the end of January came and nothing was done, I called my credit card company, (B of A) and filed a dispute. In less than a week a I received notice from the bank that they (the bank) had issued a credit to my account.

This cruise was the third I had cancelled in 2020, the other two were with Princess and were refunded within 45 days.

Personally, anything past one billing cycle, at least to me is not acceptable, but I agree that with the large volume, some extra time is needed, but not 90 days.

You may wish to discuss this with your card company and dispute the remaining balance.

6 hours ago, Fla Mike said:

We were booked on the 11-8-20 cruise on the Seaside, not sure if it was the same cruise.

Anyway when I called in November to request a refund, I was told "one to two billing cycles".

When I called in December to check, I still received the "one to two billing cycles" excuse, but I was refunded the taxes and port charges, as you were.

When the end of January came and nothing was done, I called my credit card company, (B of A) and filed a dispute. In less than a week a I received notice from the bank that they (the bank) had issued a credit to my account.

This cruise was the third I had cancelled in 2020, the other two were with Princess and were refunded within 45 days.

Personally, anything past one billing cycle, at least to me is not acceptable, but I agree that with the large volume, some extra time is needed, but not 90 days.

You may wish to discuss this with your card company and dispute the remaining balance.

?

I have no remaining balance due.  And I personally think 90 days was very reasonable in light of the circumstances.

10 hours ago, mickey89 said:

I had to resort to reclaiming my refund through my Credit Card company using Section 75, that was many months ago. Over 9 months later MSC still have not refunded.  Not a trustworthy company IMHO.

We think more and more people will have to do this.