Funship meet up.

desiree741

4 hours ago, ledges1 said:

I would suspect the cruise ships will be a good distance apart. They do not need another Glory incident. With a pair of binoculars you should be able to see the people on the other ships while there is day light. I will say, it is neat to see a ship's lights at night. This is all marketing to make some additional money. I feel this is more fluff than substance. They have deck parties on every cruise that are not very well attended. I see more ships when I am in port at Cozumel.

Some cruise directors have phenomenal deck parties that are well attended. And special events like NYE.

On 2/25/2021 at 4:53 PM, BlerkOne said:

Are modern fireworks biodegradable? Seems to me there would still be air and water pollution.

The ones I use are made from paper and the fuel is nitrogen based  so it makes little smoke. and only a tiny amount of various metal salts make the colors. The most common is NaCl (table salt) which makes the gold sparks. Most of the materials are destroyed by the explosion, and consumed in the fire. Very little dust would land in the ocean, and most of that is paper fragments that will dissolve rather quickly. 

Some shows are flown over water to minimize the risk of fire on land. That said some communities have banned fireworks over small ponds used for drinking water in an abundance of caution. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 1:06 PM, ProgRockCruiser said:

it isn't like they are going to string up ziplines between ships or anything.  

In the navy it's called highlining and my dad did it more than once similar to the photos here. He was a navy doctor. I'd book a Sailabration cruise with Carnival if they had ziplining/highlining. Thanks for the memory.

cage2.jpg

cage.jpg

Edited by sanmarcosman

• 9 months later...
On 2/23/2021 at 12:48 PM, Organized Chaos said:

No, there won't be zip lines between ships (c'mon 🙄), but it'll still be a unique experience. It is what you make of it. We'll be on the Sunrise and are looking forward to it.

We'll be there with you! Sailing March 5.