Quantum Of the Seas 22nd March 2021 Semi-Live Report

Ethanol95

42 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

The final countdown! I'm sure you're as excited as I am. My first cruise since 2019!

Depending on your boarding time.  After you get sorted on board go straight to the bumper cars.  In Dec (2pm boarding time) we drove them for almost 20 min with 2 others before anyone else showed up. 

8 minutes ago, Sail n Snow said:

Depending on your boarding time.  After you get sorted on board go straight to the bumper cars.  In Dec (2pm boarding time) we drove them for almost 20 min with 2 others before anyone else showed up. 

I think more importantly would be to book the shows and dining. But that sounds like a good idea. What time are you boarding? 

25 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

I think more importantly would be to book the shows and dining. But that sounds like a good idea. What time are you boarding? 

2pm again.  We booked this one the first day it was available and I checked in as soon as it allowed us too.  Yes booking the shows is easy once connected to wifi (I’d go to airplane mode, makes it easier to ensure wifi is connected)

Dinners you should be able to go to one specialty restaurant and book all.  Just have a plan ready on the times you’d  like to go. 

It looks like the app has almost all the activities loaded except the shows.  

Edited by Sail n Snow

18 minutes ago, Sail n Snow said:

2pm again.  We booked this one the first day it was available and I checked in as soon as it allowed us too.  Yes booking the shows is easy once connected to wifi (I’d go to airplane mode, makes it easier to ensure wifi is connected)

Dinners you should be able to go to one specialty restaurant and book all.  Just have a plan ready on the times you’d  like to go. 

It looks like the app has almost all the activities loaded except the shows.  

Is it me or is the flowrider (boogie boarding) unavailable to book, or already taken up for all 3 days. Is it not a walk in Queue? Can you book rock climbing as well?

Edited by Ethanol95

Just now, Ethanol95 said:

Is it me or is the flowrider (boogie boarding) unavailable to book, or already taken up for all 3 days. Is it not a walk in Queue? 

I've never heard of Flowrider being bookable, even in China.

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Other than the ship having to sail on water, just about anything is possible in COVID times.

Oh apparently its the much simpler reason of only being allowed to book once onboard. 

3 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Is it me or is the flowrider (boogie boarding) unavailable to book, or already taken up for all 3 days. Is it not a walk in Queue? Can you book rock climbing as well?

No reservations needed just a line for both.  It’s shown on the calendar so you know the times.  The paper cruise planner is only available upon request at customer service. 

9 hours ago, Sail n Snow said:

No reservations needed just a line for both.  It’s shown on the calendar so you know the times.  The paper cruise planner is only available upon request at customer service. 

I must get my copy every morning then!

8 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

I must get my copy every morning then!

You can ask the stateroom attendant, they'll be happy to leave one in the stateroom when they make it up!

21 hours ago, Sail n Snow said:

I strongly suggest booking in advance if there's one you want to go to in particular. On the cruise I just got off, we wanted to go to Chops for dinner, but the moment we got on and tried to book, Chops and Wonderland were both already fully booked. Couldn't even get lunch at Chops, but managed to get in by walking in and luckily someone cancelled. Really surprised so many people are going for the specialty restaurants, or maybe it's just because of March holidays.

45 minutes ago, masteradept said:

You can ask the stateroom attendant, they'll be happy to leave one in the stateroom when they make it up!

I strongly suggest booking in advance if there's one you want to go to in particular. On the cruise I just got off, we wanted to go to Chops for dinner, but the moment we got on and tried to book, Chops and Wonderland were both already fully booked. Couldn't even get lunch at Chops, but managed to get in by walking in and luckily someone cancelled. Really surprised so many people are going for the specialty restaurants, or maybe it's just because of March holidays.

I thought you could only book specialty dining once physically at one on the ship for each restaurant and meal and time? 

1 minute ago, Ethanol95 said:

I thought you could only book specialty dining once physically at one on the ship for each restaurant and meal and time? 

You should be able to book (and pay) online using cruise planner. Learned my lesson so just did that for my next trip and booked Chops. I think if you have the unlimited package, you might only be able to book onboard though, but not sure about that.

2 minutes ago, masteradept said:

You should be able to book (and pay) online using cruise planner. Learned my lesson so just did that for my next trip and booked Chops. I think if you have the unlimited package, you might only be able to book onboard though, but not sure about that.

Oh yea, looks like I'll have to fight everyone cause we have UDP. 

Just now, masteradept said:

Correct if only selecting an actual restaurant in cruise planner then you do pick date and time.

If on UDP you can’t book anything until onboard. I’m assuming being break they sold a lot of the UDP or had a lot of cruise planner purchases so they needed to keep open slots for UDP folks. 

Maybe if you are in a suite you could email the concierge if they send you a welcome invite and ask to book it for you but I don’t know if they can do that before the sailing day. 

9 minutes ago, Sail n Snow said:

Correct if only selecting an actual restaurant in cruise planner then you do pick date and time.

If on UDP you can’t book anything until onboard. I’m assuming being break they sold a lot of the UDP or had a lot of cruise planner purchases so they needed to keep open slots for UDP folks. 

Maybe if you are in a suite you could email the concierge if they send you a welcome invite and ask to book it for you but I don’t know if they can do that before the sailing day. 

Yea sadly i'm not in suites this time round. I have the earliest boarding time though. Hopefully that will still leave me with the options I want for UDP.

10 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Yea sadly i'm not in suites this time round. I have the earliest boarding time though. Hopefully that will still leave me with the options I want for UDP.

Hope you can get them! If you really can't, I think you can also try walking in (especially between 7-7:30pm, it seems like the restaurants get emptier).

We just got off yesterday and this was our second cruise to nowhere. Thoroughly enjoyed it and have number 3 booked in May.

This time for some reason they were asking everyone to view the life jacket safety video prior to landside check-in at the desks. If your party can view it in the app before reaching the cruise terminal it will save a little time and fussing.

We were in the 2pm boarding group and were eating pizza in Cafe Promenade by 2:35pm, having deposited our luggage in the room and made our reservations for all shows via the app and 4 Coastal Kitchen dinners at the podium on deck 14.

4A26A762-F441-48F2-A8B9-88181FBAE46D.jpeg

E84AF362-8B6C-4E9A-B44E-B459AC8154B2.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Blazza said:

We just got off yesterday and this was our second cruise to nowhere. Thoroughly enjoyed it and have number 3 booked in May.

This time for some reason they were asking everyone to view the life jacket safety video prior to landside check-in at the desks. If your party can view it in the app before reaching the cruise terminal it will save a little time and fussing.

We were in the 2pm boarding group and were eating pizza in Cafe Promenade by 2:35pm, having deposited our luggage in the room and made our reservations for all shows via the app and 4 Coastal Kitchen dinners at the podium on deck 14.

4A26A762-F441-48F2-A8B9-88181FBAE46D.jpeg

E84AF362-8B6C-4E9A-B44E-B459AC8154B2.jpeg

Thanks @Blazza for your short trip insight! Is 2:00pm the earliest? Just wondering because 2pm was the earliest boarding time I saw whilst picking mine.

8 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Thanks @Blazza for your short trip insight! Is 2:00pm the earliest? Just wondering because 2pm was the earliest boarding time I saw whilst picking mine.

2pm is the earliest as far as I know. We arrived at the terminal right on 2pm and were about the 15th group in the queue. There were even more people in the 2:30pm queue and they were being made to wait. 

51 minutes ago, Blazza said:

Oh hey we were on the same trip! Same boarding timeslot too, though I got there late so probably would have just missed you. Looks like you had a great trip!

• Like 1