Quantum Of the Seas 22nd March 2021 Semi-Live Report

Ethanol95

CC Help Jenn
This post was recognized by CC Help Jenn!

""Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!""

Ethanol95 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Hello all! So I'll be sailing on Quantum in a month, and some seemed interested to follow. So I'll be doing a semi-live report, can't guarantee that I'll be on every hour, but I'll try at least twice a day to update you guys! This is also my first live report, so bear with me if its not as expected! I'll be in a Oceanview Balcony Cabin. If you have any questions please let me know, and I'll try my best to reply those that i am able to answer with confidence! Thanks Ya'll!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Ethanol95 said:

Hello all! So I'll be sailing on Quantum in a month, and some seemed interested to follow. So I'll be doing a semi-live report, can't guarantee that I'll be on every hour, but I'll try at least twice a day to update you guys! This is also my first live report, so bear with me if its not as expected! I'll be in a Oceanview Balcony Cabin. If you have any questions please let me know, and I'll try my best to reply those that i am able to answer with confidence! Thanks Ya'll!

How long is the cruise  ? Do you need the jab ?or test only ? Were all cabin grades available? What capacity ie 50% ? How much $ was the cruise? Is that higher than before Covid? Thanks 🙂 Following 👌

1 minute ago, Hogbay said:

How long is the cruise  ? Do you need the jab ?or test only ? Were all cabin grades available? What capacity ie 50% ? How much $ was the cruise? Is that higher than before Covid? Thanks 🙂 Following 👌

Cruise Length:

This is a 3 Night Cruise (22nd - 25th March)!

Covid Testing/Jab

We have been scheduled to get our Covid-19 Swab test 3 days before the embarkation date. Mother and I had an interesting conversation with our aunt. My cousin, (her son), is a med student who is going on this cruise as well. This means that he is prioritised and highly recommended to get the vaccine. Still, quite a large number of Singapore's population are taking a wait and see approach. She asked whether it would be better for him to get the jab before the trip, and we told him to hold off. There seems to be no official policy on the requirements of Covid-19 jab so far. But I'm sure that'll change as more get vaccinated. 

Cabin Availability/Price: 

All cabin grades were for sail. I booked through my Aunt who is a TA and will be going with us, there's a total of 7 of us, with a possibility of +2 more (but that's not under the same booking). She told me that Suites were all sold out for many sailing dates well out beyond a month, a rather interesting trend, I must say. Interior cabins were also on sale at the time of booking, though I would think are less less popular given the relatively low prices of Balcony cabins. The 7 of us are staying in 3 Oceanview Balcony Staterooms. Price came up to around $3800 SGD which is equivalent to $2800USD or $3633AUD.

Capacity: 

My current knowledge about this is that it should be following the same protocol of 50% ship capacity or maybe slightly more for the time being. I am aware however, that they have plans to increase that in the very near future and i am not sure whether this sailing will have these changes. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, teacherman said:

Is that $2,800 USD TOTAL for all of you?  Or is it that price for each of you in an oceanview balcony for 3 nights?

This is the total for all of us for 3 nights. Each person is slightly over 400USD for the entire cruise.

Edited by Ethanol95
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I’d like to hear a bit more about the C&A perks.

Are you a member?

Yes I am, however, I'm only Platinum as of now. And still probably need an additional cruise to reach Emerald Status. What tier are you? The perks would likely be different for you and me, if you're quite high!

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I’m diamond plus.

It was said that the diamond lounge is closed because of social distancing. 

I suppose you wouldn’t find 

I'll try and ask around, to see if its sill there on boarding day. Maybe they might consider opening it up with more passengers and less cases globally.

1 minute ago, Ethanol95 said:

I'll try and ask around, to see if its sill there on boarding day. Maybe they might consider opening it up with more passengers and less cases globally.

If you have time you could ask the loyalty ambassador onboard for some details.

7 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Alright, I'll see whether i can find something out about it.

Royal Caribbean is giving away free nights in Taronga zoo.

Next time you are in Sydney.?

https://sustainability.rclcorporate.com/stories/ocean-and-wildlife-conservation/?fbclid=IwAR2nv5erGjRY2mQVmQSF6NcW32K2HB1OoFFirk3mmt0vaBVhnnxerfs8ZLU

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Oh that's a pretty cool initiative, but where does it say its giving away free nights? I won't be in Sydney for a while though.