Edge and Apex

tobinater

17 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I'll believe that the IV balconies result in substantial fuel savings when the shipyards start designing them on ships for other cruise lines.

It all depends upon your definition of substantial.  It is not a decision I would have implemented.  The open/close window is a downgrade in my opinion.  You are balancing popularity vs cost savings.  It is an idea that I would only consider for a heavily discounted room.

Of course there were many bad decisions made on the E class layout.

Edited by NMTraveller

As someone who has sailed on the all classes of Celebrity ships, we loved the Infinite Balcony.

It offered a full wall of windows when we wanted it, and then a balcony when we wanted that. I've heard lots of comments ("cave like") and didn't get that from the room/balcony at all. The actual room was exponentially larger with the balcony space integrated into the room, and there was so much light. The ability to transition from indoor to outdoor space was something we really enjoyed. 

I know there's quirks to the setup that are deal-breakers for many passengers ("my husband sleeps 20 hours a day and needs complete darkness but will not wear a sleep mask"), but we thought the space worked so well for us. 

I'm glad we are back to normal debating E-Class and Infinite Verandas.  Same people lining up on both sides.  Same arguments For and Against.  A sign of Spring?  Daylight Savings Time starts tomorrow in most of the USA.  Perhaps actually cruising will come soon.  Thanks everybody!😀

• Like 1