Problem with phone lines?

Eric2005

I have called repeatedly to Cunard's 800 number.  A recorded message says they appreciate their loyal customers.  They ask you to wait then the line just goes dead.....Is there another number I can use?  

On 3/2/2021 at 11:33 AM, Eric2005 said:

I have called repeatedly to Cunard's 800 number.  A recorded message says they appreciate their loyal customers.  They ask you to wait then the line just goes dead.....Is there another number I can use?  

The US 800 number for Cunard appears to be working for me now. At least I get a message indicating wait times are currently longer than five minutes and I am placed on hold with continuous background messages promoting Cunard and telling me to remain on the line for the next available agent. As I have nothing to discuss, I only waited on hold for about two or three minutes to make sure I wasn't disconnected. I can't actually confirm if I would have eventually gotten through to speak with someone.

I was getting what you described as the line going dead when you first posted this message last week. But when I just tried the 800 number a few minutes ago, the process of putting me on hold for the next available agent seemed to be working for me. I hope this helps some. Sorry I don't know any way to get around the potentially long wait times though.

The line is not dead - there is just NO answer.  I waited one hour yesterday.  They just never pick up.  It's terrible -- and what does someone do if they want to cancel? They could pass the deadline and lose their deposit.  

This happened to HAL last year when their phone system was hacked.  Has anyone checked a hack report website?

Adding, last year when it happened at HAL, I called Carnival Cruise lines and they were able to find out what was going on while I was on hold

I've tried for the last two weeks to reach Cunard through their 800 number.  You get put on hold indefinitely.  I've waited up to an hour.  WHAT's going on?  How can I contact them?  This is outrageous !

13 minutes ago, Eric2005 said:

I've tried for the last two weeks to reach Cunard through their 800 number.  You get put on hold indefinitely.  I've waited up to an hour.  WHAT's going on?  How can I contact them?  This is outrageous !

Forget Cunard Customer Services - An oxymoron 

Go direct and complain about the time spent holding on and not getting a response requesting a call back.

Executive.Correspondence@carnivalukgroup.com

it will work 

4 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Forget Cunard Customer Services - An oxymoron 

Go direct and complain about the time spent holding on and not getting a response requesting a call back.

Executive.Correspondence@carnivalukgroup.com

it will work 

Thanks.  Just sent an email.  Will let you know what happens.  

Update:  I called Cunard in the UK and explained that it's not possible to reach Cunard in the US.  I asked that the UK office notify Cunard that it's not possible to get through to their customer service people in the US.   Seems that any changes can only be made in the US if that is where the ticket was purchased.