L&S- no sailing to match

Hi, I’m trying to investigate a Lift & Shift. We have the month of May 2022 to rebook. Problem is, our canceled trip is 6 nights. There is only 1 sailing from Miami that is 6 nights and it’s a smaller ship that we aren’t interested in. We are currently book/canceled on Independence and the only option is Explorer. How does that work? Any chance we could pay the extra night for a more equivalent ship?

Whatever they offer is probably your choice or fcc or refund. I've never heard of them allowing you to pay for a extra night. How would they do it, which price, yours or the price of where you want to lift to. Can of worms I cant see them opening.

When they changed me from allure to liberty I didnt get anything but take it or leave it

14 minutes ago, hometoosoon said:

Hi, I’m trying to investigate a Lift & Shift. We have the month of May 2022 to rebook. Problem is, our canceled trip is 6 nights. There is only 1 sailing from Miami that is 6 nights and it’s a smaller ship that we aren’t interested in. We are currently book/canceled on Independence and the only option is Explorer. How does that work? Any chance we could pay the extra night for a more equivalent ship?

Call.  You can probably get a human to offer more than what the website will offer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Call.  You can probably get a human to offer more than what the website will offer.

I’ll try again. I got someone who knew less than I did....and it sounded like they were outside in the wind. 

Give them a call, just in case they can offer something just outside the “rules” via a supervisor. 
We did a “Lift and Shift” with Azamara (I realise it’s a different line but they were owned by RCL at the time), and as there was nothing equivalent within the Lift and Shift rules, a supervisor allowed us to shift to a cruise 1 day longer and 1 day later than the rules, to enable us to have a similar cruise on the same ship.

just ask and be polite, you never know.

As previously mentioned, you have the option of 125% FCC or a full refund too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hometoosoon said:

I’ll try again. I got someone who knew less than I did....and it sounded like they were outside in the wind. 

Already tried this 10 minutes ago for a client and was told no.  itinerary length must match.  they escalated to resonlutions.  Time for me to escalate this further

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, hometoosoon said:

9 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

And if you don't like the first answer try again in a couple of days

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Already tried this 10 minutes ago for a client and was told no.  itinerary length must match.  they escalated to resonlutions.  Time for me to escalate this further

I believe it would be time to phone a friend at RCCL........I really believe most agents that do alot of business with RCCL seem to have one. Been my experience.

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Time to email Michael Bayley?  Where's the guy from that other thread?😇

• Haha 1