Favorite Pre-Cruise Restaurant- Miami

shiznics

We love Cafe Prima Pasta at 414 71st Street, Miami Beach.  You can eat inside or out and the Italian food is delicious.  It is about 1 block to walk to the beach.  My favorite dish is Fiocchi Rapera - pasta filled with cheese and pear topped with prosciutto and a creamy truffle sauce.  Very unique.  I have it every single time because it is the only place I have ever seen it.

We also like a place named Crackers that is near the Best Western Plus North by the Miami Airport.  You dine outside under a big tiki hut and it is billed as Southern cooking.  It's just simple, good food in a very relaxed atmosphere. 

Then there's the little place in the strip mall walking distance from the Best Western called A Little Bit of Philly.  It has delicious Philly cheesesteak sandwiches among other types of sandwiches.  I believe the owner said he was from Philadelphia.  Definitely a great lunch.

We have several restaurants we use when in Miami but our favorites are:

Trulucks Miami - 8th and Brickell in Downtown Miami.

IL Gabbiano Restaurant - 335 S Biscayne Blvd (Beautiful waterfront view).

Have Fun

Safe Travels

Bob (and Terry)

If it is your first time to Miami you really will miss out if you don't go get some 'authentic' Cuban food.

Versailles is good but IMO FAR from the best ... but CERTAINLY the most popularized.

A very good local chain is La Carreta with multiple locations around Miami including one in the airport (popular with the workers) and one just a few yard from Ver' .... this is where the local's go!!!! http://lacarreta.com/

But here's a hint ... the BEST Cuban is usually a lil mom and pop just around the corner. As the desk where THEY go for Cuban for their lunch/dinner break .... you may discover a WINNER!

OR if in season and you want to drop a lot of bucks and enjoy being treated poorly waiting to be seated there's Joe's Stone Crab <work around ... Joe's has a take out window {even pre covid} ... go to Publix and get a bottle of wine and a salad .... get crb from Joe's and head to the beach or South Point Park and a picnic table> . . . . 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Getting authentic Cuban in Miami  is like getting authentic  Italian in Italy.   It's everywhere  but  you should go to  Versailles because it is iconic.

Havana 1957 is my favorite chain.

The best restaurant in Miami is by far Komodo.  Had some of the best meals of my life there.  One caveat, it is super expensive.

Also

Micheals Genuine

Swan

Prime 112

Joes Stone Crab

Smith & Wollensky

Hillstone

Tigertail  + Mary

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Perricones in West Brickell is a nice local Italian Restaurant that is open seven days a week. The staff and service is always spot on and it’s just a nice spot to spend a few hours enjoying Italian food.