Long cruises

CRZAHOLIC

On 3/20/2021 at 7:32 AM, Hlitner said:

I have long been mystified about folks we meet on cruises who do nothing but complain about the cruise.  When we hear all the whining (often with new acquaintances at cocktail time) I sometimes suggest that they consider a different cruise line or type of travel that might better meet their expectations.  But what is strange about many cruisers is they will go on the same line time after time and complain about the same things on every cruise.  Perhaps it is a form of masochism :).

Hank

Haha, if you ever figure out why they do that let me know.   And it is usually old people.  Makes the rest of us old people look bad.  

2 hours ago, ldubs said:

Haha, if you ever figure out why they do that let me know.   And it is usually old people.  Makes the rest of us old people look bad.  

It's the "get off my lawn" crowd, and their numbers are legion.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

That should be Curious not serious.It was banned in the US at the time.

That film was shown in quite a few "art" theaters in the USA where we saw it in 67 or 68.   I just looked and it grossed over $20 million in the States.   I just had this weird thought about what would happen if they showed that on a HAL ship rather then one of their BBC documentaries (which replaced a real production show).   I assume many would go the the showing, watch every minute, and then later complain (perhaps after they watched it twice).  If they paired it with Pink Flamingos the cruise line would never recover :).

Hank

8 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

That film was shown in quite a few "art" theaters in the USA where we saw it in 67 or 68.   I just looked and it grossed over $20 million in the States.   I just had this weird thought about what would happen if they showed that on a HAL ship rather then one of their BBC documentaries (which replaced a real production show).   I assume many would go the the showing, watch every minute, and then later complain (perhaps after they watched it twice).  If they paired it with Pink Flamingos the cruise line would never recover :).

Hank

When we saw it in Montreal we were told it was banned in the US.Interesting that you saw it in the US.Did you also see I am Curious Blue ?