New to Royal, Always cruised NCL and have some questions.

Hi We may be trying an eleven day Royal Cruise Jan 3 2022 and have previously done NCL ( lots lol as we enjoy gambling any they keep asking us back).  Friends have booked this cruise and want us to go also.   Currently the deal is 60% off the second person.  What other deals have they had in the past? 

What does the premium/ultimate drink package usually run?  Does everyone in the cabin have to purchase it?  I do not drink but my partner does. 

What does the UDP cost?  We had it on NCL several times before they stopped it.  Again does the entire cabin have to purchase it. 

Prepaid tips cost?   Does Royal have a meet and mingle ? 

Thanks for any information.    

4 minutes ago, kabbpres said:

Hi We may be trying an eleven day Royal Cruise Jan 3 2022 and have previously done NCL ( lots lol as we enjoy gambling any they keep asking us back).  Friends have booked this cruise and want us to go also.   Currently the deal is 60% off the second person.  What other deals have they had in the past? 

What does the premium/ultimate drink package usually run?  Does everyone in the cabin have to purchase it?  I do not drink but my partner does. 

What does the UDP cost?  We had it on NCL several times before they stopped it.  Again does the entire cabin have to purchase it. 

They have had the same 60% off deal or 30% off each guest for about the last 4 years.  Ignore it.

The only difference is some of the add on offers of a bit of extra OBC or instant savings.  Its much like NCL's "free" perks sales that are constant.

A good price on the drinks is $45 to $55 plus gratuities.  Everyone over 21 must purchase it but if you call then they will allow the other guest to purchase the refreshment package instead

UDP is $199 or $179 on sale for Oasis class ships, may be slightly lower for other classes.  Not everyone has to purchase this

Edited by Ourusualbeach

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

UDP is $199 or $179 on sale for Oasis class ships, may be slightly lower for other classes.  Not everyone has to purchase this

His oasis class quote for the UDP is for 7 days. Your 11 day will be more, sorry.

Figure it out on a per day and comes up better.

The 60% off first pax or 30% off both is pretty constant, though sometimes there is a $100 off flash sale, or if sales lagging a senior or resident sale. Those seem gone but were more common last year. We are all hoping for some better prices lol, but they seem to be going up.

3 hours ago, kabbpres said:

Royal has the better Meet and Mingle than NCL in my opinion.