Laundry service on Eurodam

Dudearoo

All, I just booked a Panama Canal cruise on Eurodam and am looking for information on laundry service. It looks to me like there is no self service laundry onboard. Am I correct? I have also read about "by the bag" and "unlimited service" but not finding consistent info. Any help, advice and information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Dudearoo said:

All, I just booked a Panama Canal cruise on Eurodam and am looking for information on laundry service. It looks to me like there is no self service laundry onboard. Am I correct? I have also read about "by the bag" and "unlimited service" but not finding consistent info. Any help, advice and information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You are correct that there isn't any "self service" laundry on Eurodam or any other current HAL ship. The laundry service is very good. The bag is $20 for everywhere but Europe where it is $30 (or was when th ships last sailed). The "unlimited" service was $7 per day ($9 in Europe) and allowed for as many bags per cabin as you wished to send out.

The laundry comes back nicely ironed and on hangers or folded as you wish.

Holland America's laundry service is excellent!   We've done the $7/day several times and loved it.  For $70 (10 day cruise), we had unlimited pressing of anything that got wrinkled and laundry.   It meant we could pack WAY less clothes (think of the $$$ saved by not having to pay for a 2nd bag if you're flying).  I did find I needed to write "please press a crease" in casual pants/ crop pants.   Undies come back neatly folded, wrapped in tissue and in a wicker basket.  

I periodically remind my husband that "this is NOT Holland America laundry" at home.    🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Yes, no self service. We always buy the laundry package for the entire cruise. Price is dependent upon the length of the cruise.  You can either purchase in advance or once on board. And if you only need an occasional bag of laundry done you can purchase by the bag. 

We gather our laundry in the morning, fill out the laundry form, leave it on the bed, and it comes back either that night or the next morning. I’m a bit particular and always ask for cold wash and delicate dry. It always comes back perfect. 

Once we experienced the unlimited laundry, we always opt for that on any HAL cruise we take.  It cuts down on the amount of clothing we need to pack and my husband loves having crisply pressed shirts to wear at dinner/in the evening.

Even better - most of the clothing we pack is clean and just needs to be put away when we get home.  Very little laundry to deal with at the end of vacation!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, richwmn said:

You are correct that there isn't any "self service" laundry on Eurodam or any other current HAL ship. The laundry service is very good. The bag is $20 for everywhere but Europe where it is $30 (or was when th ships last sailed). The "unlimited" service was $7 per day ($9 in Europe) and allowed for as many bags per cabin as you wished to send out.

The laundry comes back nicely ironed and on hangers or folded as you wish.

Are the self-serve laundries not on the long itinerary (world, Grand) ships - Zaandam and Volendam any more? 

Edited by BJzink

8 minutes ago, BJzink said:

Are the self-serve laundries not on the long itinerary (world, Grand) ships - Zaandam and Volendam any more? 

As far as I know the self service laundries were remove from Zaandam and Volendam several years ago. I believe Amsterdam still had one when she left the fleet, I'm not sure about Rotterdam but I believe that one was removed as well.

On 3/29/2021 at 6:42 PM, BJzink said:

I was on Zaandam in 2018 and posted this in Aug. 

Just off Zaandam and the Lower Promenade laundry room has been converted to staff rooms LP01 and LP02. Cannot speak for any other decks.

• 5 months later...

Unlimited is the way to go. Hand it to Stewart at 0700; it'll hanging (or neatly folded in a basket) in your cabin at 1700 that evening. They even iron my boxers and wife's panties. She told me, "Don't even ask!' It is so much nicer to pack clean clothing for the return trip rather than a mountain of dirty ones. This way, you'll only have dirty what you wore the day before disembarkation, and what you are wearing to go home in.

Just don't forget to leave out a complete set of clean clothing or you'll be disembarking (I've seen it done!) in your (newly purchased) bath robe.