Secondary proof of vaccine

sugcarol

23 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Fantastic research study released yesterday not only confirmed Phizer and Moderna at 90% effective after 2 months of study but it also yielded people who got the vaccine were not able to pass on the virus.  Its only one study but extremely promising study.

Get on any list you can and they will call you with cancellations or extra daily vaccines.  Phizer vaccine goes bad and cant be refrigerated again so some sites call people daily for left over vaccines.

That study pretty much demolishes the you have to wear a mask to protect others argument.

Our local vaccination site, it's the only one in our county, they call forward anyone who wants the vaccine.  Doesn't matter if your technically eligible. If you're there, want the vaccine, they vaccinate until they run out of vaccine.  They do this 30 minutes before closing.  That gives them time to administer the vaccine and for the 15 minute observation period.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

That study pretty much demolishes the you have to wear a mask to protect others argument.

Not when it's only 1 study, and with such a short period of time being monitored. Right now folks are going to continue to err on the side of caution to avoid going through what we went through this time last year. 

My guess is that vaccination centers will be opening up to any and all people who want the vaccine sooner rather than later. Hopefully those still on the fence and not getting it will change their minds by that point.

2 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

My guess is that vaccination centers will be opening up to any and all people who want the vaccine sooner rather than later. Hopefully those still on the fence and not getting it will change their minds by that point.

This has already happened in Arizona.  Last week they opened up vaccines to anyone 16+ and we are currently at 30% of adults with at least one shot.  Most can make an appointment for the next day and some are just walking into a pharmacy and getting it.  I had several coworkers in their 20s do that last weekend and were successful.  At this pace, there is talk that we might reach herd immunity by the beginning of May, which would be unbelievable to me.

5 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

This has already happened in Arizona.  Last week they opened up vaccines to anyone 16+ and we are currently at 30% of adults with at least one shot.  Most can make an appointment for the next day and some are just walking into a pharmacy and getting it.  I had several coworkers in their 20s do that last weekend and were successful.  At this pace, there is talk that we might reach herd immunity by the beginning of May, which would be unbelievable to me.

That would be awesome if we do. Pfizer opened the vaccine up to all their employees back in March simply because they're making it - but we're having problems with distribution and administering it still. So rather than them going to waste, give 'em out to anyone who wants them.

It's really crazy though the side of people that this pandemic has brought out in people. From people who still claim the virus is a hoax, or that the vaccine is part of some government conspiracy to microchip people - I can't believe half the things I read/hear come out of people's minds. Since we've hit the one year anniversary of when this all began, I'm seeing old posts from friends and colleagues on FB when we were in the trenches deep into it, and I'm just very grateful we are not reliving that now.

13 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Not when it's only 1 study, and with such a short period of time being monitored. Right now folks are going to continue to err on the side of caution to avoid going through what we went through this time last year. 

FWIW, that Fauci has echoed essentially the same thing. 

It's our experience that people in this area have had about enough of masks and are not 'erring on the side of caution'.  We've have completed the vaccination process and see absolutely no reason to continue with the masks or social distancing.  You see more and more everyday only putting on their masks as they enter a store and removing them as soon as they step outside.  My wife even forgot about the masks last week and entered a Belk's without one.  She made her purchase and exited the store.  No one said a word.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

You see more and more everyday only putting on their masks as they enter a store and removing them as soon as they step outside.

That's all I've ever done, I don't wear one if I'm out for a walk outside.  I might put it on before getting out of my car at the store, and take it off once I'm back at my car, but that's so I don't forget or lose it...

• Like 1