Secondary proof of vaccine

sugcarol

The vaccine is free to everyone, but if you have Medicare or insurance, the provider of the vaccine will have asked you for your cards. The provider is allowed to bill Medicare or insurance company the charge for administering the vaccine. Medicare sends you a copy of all the payments made for you every quarter. Other insurance could be every 3 months to 6 months. The payment will match the Covid 19 administration and the dates will be the same. You can also call Medicare or insurance and they will send you a copy. It will be for each injection that you received.  That is a legal document and can be used along with your Covid 19 vaccine card you were given. That will  greatly reduce the chance for forgery of the card. A vaccine passport is possible, we just don't know yet, but in the event you book a cruise requiring proof of vaccine, that will give the additional proof you received them. When I get mine for both doses, I will keep them with the Covid vaccine card.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sugcarol said:

Other insurance could be every 3 months to 6 months.

Or immediately.  I'm getting dose 2 today and my insurance company has already notified me that they processed a charge for immunization from the first shot.

• Like 2

I live in tennessee and I have had both shots.  Never once was I asked for insurance.  I recieved them at our local health dept.  My sister and her husband live in Dade county Florida and they never showed or where asked for a insurance card.  So this may be the case for you, but not correct where we live.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, madgran said:

I live in tennessee and I have had both shots.  Never once was I asked for insurance.  I recieved them at our local health dept.  My sister and her husband live in Dade county Florida and they never showed or where asked for a insurance card.  So this may be the case for you, but not correct where we live.  

The same here in alabama.  We only showed our state Drivers License as proof of age eligibility.  

• Like 2

NYC....just showed my driver's license.  No insurance (I have Medicare) info required.  In addition...NYS has an app that shows your vaccination info.  I just installed it; it's good for 4 weeks and then you have to enter the data again if you need it.

• Like 1

Wife and I both have had our 2 doses At local pharmacies (Walgreens) here in Western New York. (I had Pfizer and she had Moderna) We showed our Medicare card and Insurance information each time. We have already received information back tom Medicare and the Insurance company verifying those shots...and personally I am happy to have that (along with the cards they gave us)

Wife and I just received or second shot yesterday and we didn't have to show Medicare or insurance cards for either shot.  The shots were administered by our county health department.

First shot I had no side effects, second shot left me tired for a short while but at 2:30 AM this morning my shoulder hurt so bad I couldn't sleep.  Trying to drink a cup of coffee with that arm was very painful.  Currently (7:40 AM) my shoulder is only slightly tender.

• Like 1

My Mom came down from NY to visit me and we both received our vaccines here in GA from my local county health department.  The only thing we had to show was my driver's license.  There was no insurance or Medicare involved.

42 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

Strange to see differences in NY.  I had to show my insurance at a state site, assumption is they will bill for administering.

I was offered the shot at my GP's office (part of a larger medical group).  They had my insurance on file and billed it right away.  I imagine I'll see a bill for today's jab as well (Pfizer dose #2).

I've been checking every day to get my vaccination-not eligible yet. I live in Virginia and you can't get an appointment without being in an eligible group. Because I'm too young and in good health, I don't qualify. As soon as I'm eligible, I'm getting vaccinated.

6 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I've been checking every day to get my vaccination-not eligible yet. I live in Virginia and you can't get an appointment without being in an eligible group. Because I'm too young and in good health, I don't qualify. As soon as I'm eligible, I'm getting vaccinated.

I don't agree with everything you post and vice versa.  However I am glad you are getting the vaccine.  Hang in there because by May supposedly everyone who wants a vaccine should have no problems getting one.  The more people vaccinated means eliminating the virus and its variants.  The sooner that happens then cruising can resume and we can spend better time arguing if Tortola is the better port vs St Maarten or which specialty restaurant is better.

Fantastic research study released yesterday not only confirmed Phizer and Moderna at 90% effective after 2 months of study but it also yielded people who got the vaccine were not able to pass on the virus.  Its only one study but extremely promising study.

My sister has M.S. in PA and was unable to get the vaccine even with her pre-existing condition.  She missed the age by 2 years.  She kept refreshing a website and an apt came up. She booked and she got it.  Get on any list you can and they will call you with cancellations or extra daily vaccines.  Phizer vaccine goes bad and cant be refrigerated again so some sites call people daily for left over vaccines.

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Your county only has 33K people on their wait list and is getting 55K doses of vaccine a week. Hopefully they will open up registration beyond 1b soon. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I don't agree with everything you post and vice versa.  However I am glad you are getting the vaccine.  Hang in there because by May supposedly everyone who wants a vaccine should have no problems getting one.  The more people vaccinated means eliminating the virus and its variants.  The sooner that happens then cruising can resume and we can spend better time arguing if Tortola is the better port vs St Maarten or which specialty restaurant is better.

Fantastic research study released yesterday not only confirmed Phizer and Moderna at 90% effective after 2 months of study but it also yielded people who got the vaccine were not able to pass on the virus.  Its only one study but extremely promising study.

My sister has M.S. in PA and was unable to get the vaccine even with her pre-existing condition.  She missed the age by 2 years.  She kept refreshing a website and an apt came up. She booked and she got it.  Get on any list you can and they will call you with cancellations or extra daily vaccines.  Phizer vaccine goes bad and cant be refrigerated again so some sites call people daily for left over vaccines.

In May, the current president says people can sign up for vaccination. Heck, let everyone sign up today. Join the line. It doesn’t matter if the vaccine doesn’t exist. And if people are pulled off the list by priority group. It is a long line. 

When I was allowed to sign up for a vaccination, it was nearly 8 weeks until I got my first jab. Throw a 150M into the lines and you better bring a sleeping bag and lawn chair cuz you will be in line a long long time. 

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

When I was allowed to sign up for a vaccination, it was nearly 8 weeks until I got my first jab

When NY opened 65+ eligibility in mid January my parents went right out and signed my mom up for a shot at the state-run site at a local college.  They must have also gotten her on the county list, she ended up getting in there sooner.  She gets her second Moderna shot this week, if she had stuck with the original appointment she would only be a week into the protocol on a FIRST Pfizer shot.

Absolutely get on any list you can.  If you have an appointment and an earlier one comes up, for gosh sakes CANCEL THE FIRST ONE so someone else can get that slot!

In my county you can sign up for any unused doses at the end of the day. I work retail so I can’t just leave in the middle of my shift but it’s a cool program! They call down the list of people that have signed up and if you can be there within 30 minutes you can get the shot regardless of age or group. 

7 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

My 34 year old son lives in VA; works in DC.  He was on 3 lists....VA (no hope there), DC (very little hope..he said it's by lottery) and "job specific".  He got his from the "job specific".

• Like 1

In a few weeks everyone 18 and older will be able to get one. I know that CVS is having a HUGE rollout. I know this because my company does printing for their almost 10,000 stores. We have been printing vaccine signs for them for the last two months 

Between, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, FEMA sites, State sites and local pharmacies their won't be any reason anyone and everyone who wants the vaccine will be able to get one by the end of June. The only issue is how many people won't get it because they are either afraid, they are anti-vax or they think its a government conspiracy

Edited by Laszlo

14 hours ago, david_sobe said:

The sooner that happens then cruising can resume and we can spend better time arguing if Tortola is the better port vs St Maarten or which specialty restaurant is better.

Agreed! I'm getting physically exhausted from all of the vaccine debating (and I know it's my own fault, I could just choose not to engage but it's hard not to sometimes). I would love to go back to talking about 'boring' cruise topics like formal wear, best sports bars, chair hogging, etc. LOL

I can't possibly post this every time I say something on CC, but I've always been in favor of the vaccine and I've never, not once, considered not getting it. It can't get here fast enough.

14 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

In May, the current president says people can sign up for vaccination. Heck, let everyone sign up today. Join the line. It doesn’t matter if the vaccine doesn’t exist. And if people are pulled off the list by priority group. It is a long line. 

When I was allowed to sign up for a vaccination, it was nearly 8 weeks until I got my first jab. Throw a 150M into the lines and you better bring a sleeping bag and lawn chair cuz you will be in line a long long time. 

Right. Where I live, in Fairfax County, VA, they do vaccinations at the Fairfax County Government Center, which is not far from my house and I know that building extremely well-I serve as an Election Officer for the county and have done so since 2007. My wife had her 1st shot there recently. You can also go to private pharmacies. HOWEVER: it's still limited to 65+ or those with health problems, and certain professions. I work in finance and am 57, so I don't yet qualify. I am too young, don't have the health issues and am not in healthcare or any of the other 20 or so groups included in the 1a or 1b categories. If I wanted to lie and say I was a teacher, pharmacist, bus driver, whatever that would get me a shot sooner, I could. But that's unethical, and while I'm not a saint or anything, I think it's just plain wrong to lie in order to get preferential treatment. I also had Covid-19 in January and am not, according to my Doctor, likely to carry the virus or even likely to get it again. Which is why I am just waiting my turn for the vaccine.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

My 34 year old son lives in VA; works in DC.  He was on 3 lists....VA (no hope there), DC (very little hope..he said it's by lottery) and "job specific".  He got his from the "job specific".

That's nice, good for him!!  I own a property in DC but don't count as a resident.

In Virginia, they encourage people to preregister for the vaccine, which I did as soon as I heard about it. It doesn't bump me up in line (how I wish it did!), but I should be notified when my number is up. My wife did the same and got notified by email. They strongly discourage people from registering more than once because it can gum up the system. Obviously, I did not do that. There are a lot of VA counties already in phase 1c, but it's unclear whether they'd accept someone from outside the county or if you have to be a resident to qualify.