silhouette info

tfg

Hi, we are booked on Silhouette oct 8th and i am just starting researching the ship,does anyone have any recent menus 2020,daily events on board.

Any recommendations and advice appreciated as first time on this ship.We are in 7187 if anyone has any pics.

Many Thanks 

I don't have any menus but I would highly recommend the Lawn Club Grill.  it is fee based, I think $45/pp but you can sometimes get a discount if they are not well booked.

Silhouette is my favourite Celebrity ship.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

Hi

We were on Silhouette Feb/March 2020 after it was updated.  I wrote a review/travelogue which is linked in my signature including pictures around the ship, menus where we ate, the daily planners, what we did on shore, etc.

We had a great time 

Any questions please ask, I miss talking about cruises.

Enjoy

Noreen

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, tfg said:

Hi Noreen,

I'm not very savvy on these sites what does linked to my signature mean please as I would love to read your review.

Thanks Terry

If you are logged in and look at the bottom of their post there is a list of reviews - scroll down to the silhouette one!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spike11 said:

If you are logged in and look at the bottom of their post there is a list of reviews - scroll down to the silhouette one!

Just to say on my phone signatures don't show.  They do if I look at CC on my pc 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, tfg said:

Hi Noreen,

I'm not very savvy on these sites what does linked to my signature mean please as I would love to read your review.

Thanks Terry

Hi.

I saw people posting the instructions to find the review in the signature.  Let me see if I can link it here directly...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2742075-celebrity-silhouette-review-february-23-2020-march-6-2020/

Noreen

IF embarkation will be the same procedure as before, the "Hideaway" on your floor is a nice place away from the crowd to have a seat and wait for the cabins to open. It did have a self serve coffee and tea kiosk, but that could be closed due to Covid restrictions. 😉

Also just making sure you know that when standing on the balcony in 7187 and looking out the view is great but looking directly down you will look down on lifeboats blocking the view down. It wouldn't bother us, but some people want to look straight down at the sea too, so I thought I'd mention it. 

I found an older youtube video from a 2016 Silhouette sailing showing what I mean. The video was taken by someone in stateroom 7238 - which is on opposite (starboard) side from 7187 and down a couple staterooms - but still gives you good idea of what your view looking down will be. Look about the 1:16 mark for the view:

We also love the Silhouette. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

• Thanks 1