Music Festival POM Need hotel help

beans79

Hi,

I plan on sailing in March of 2022 (March 26th to be exact)

So I was just trying to peek at hotels to book the day before we set sail out of Miami.  All the good hotels downtown are booked alread.  I was like wait what?

So I did some searching to see what was going on that weekend. Well turns out the Ultra Music festival is that same weekend (Oh Great!)

So where should we stay?  We are flying into FLL and was hoping to stay in Miami.  Should I just opt to stay in FLL now instead?  I will have younger family members with me so I prefer something more family friendly.  Any hotel recommendations would be helpful!

Thanks!

Easy enough to stay near FLL and make your way to POM the morning of your cruise. UberXL from FLL area to POM should run you about $75 each way.

www.sunny.org has lots of hotel and tourist info.  Many cruisers choose to stay in the downtown/17th street area (Embassy Suites, Hyatt, etc.) with lots of hotels and nearby dining options 

good luck! 😎

I stayed at Best Western Oceanside, Ft Lauderdale and took a Uber to Miami for $60-65.

The Best Western Oceanside, is 100 yds from the ocean, bar with food, free hot breakfast, $ washer/dryer, $ bikes, and  friendly staff.  No shuttle from FLL airport, taxi about $30, can sign up for $ shuttle to Port Everglades.

We stayed at the EB hotel in Miami springs- great- a little far but if just for overnight a great hotel.  We also stayed and the hampton inn brickell- during the festival- it was a nightmare.  People drunk talking coming in in the middle of the night- not great to stay precruise before a festival-

Fort lauderdale IMO too far- stay closer to Miami.

You don't want to be anywhere near downtown Miami (or Key Biscayne if they hold the Ultra there)

during Ultra.  It's a wild, drug consuming orgy full of drunks (and those are just the teenagers!).

Most of those 'people' come from out of town.  I worked in a building on Biscayne Blvd and we used to get a half day off on Friday before the Ultra because it was impossible to work with the noise of the 'rehearsals'.  OMG, it was AWFUL!!!!

Listen to Diver2014, you do not want to be anywhere in the downtown area during Ultra weekend.  It will be downtown again as they aren’t going to do Key Biscayne again. 

I would stay in either Fort Lauderdale or in Coral Gables or Coconut Grove if you want to be in the Miami area.  

• 2 weeks later...