SO CLOSE YET SO FAR AWAY

Luvtennis6060

Taking a walk on the beach in La Paz Mexico and this is my view.  3 Princess ships and 3 Holland America ships.  Really made me feel sad to see all this ships sitting idle.  I really miss cruising and can’t wait for them to start in the US again.

F3A65354-D13B-405D-8F28-9179889FF9EC.jpeg

431AF67C-AB1D-4D50-86FC-70719FE52BC5.png

• Like 5

Thanks for the picture!

It's interesting.   I know the Ruby and Majestic Princess are supposed to do Calif. Coastal cruises alternating with Mexico cruises because I have booked both of those on those 2 ships.  Looks like the Grand is supposed to be doing Hawaii out of LA. Hope they are standing nearby to be ready to start again soon although we haven't heard that they have full crews yet.  (Just a hope - you don't need to tell me they won't cruise this year.  It doesn't hurt to hope!)

4 hours ago, Luvtennis6060 said:

Taking a walk on the beach in La Paz Mexico and this is my view.  3 Princess ships and 3 Holland America ships.  Really made me feel sad to see all this ships sitting idle.  I really miss cruising and can’t wait for them to start in the US again.

F3A65354-D13B-405D-8F28-9179889FF9EC.jpeg

431AF67C-AB1D-4D50-86FC-70719FE52BC5.png

Nice Photo thanks for sharing.

Tony

Thanks for the pic!  We're in the process of planning a flight down to Cabo to stay in a nice resort for a week or so.  That should be a nice getaway until cruising resume.  We've done Vegas three times since the pandemic began but need something else.  Your picture is tempting me to rent a car for a day while we're there and drive up to La Paz and maybe even Loreto.  🙂

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

Thanks for the picture!

It's interesting.   I know the Ruby and Majestic Princess are supposed to do Calif. Coastal cruises alternating with Mexico cruises because I have booked both of those on those 2 ships.  Looks like the Grand is supposed to be doing Hawaii out of LA. Hope they are standing nearby to be ready to start again soon although we haven't heard that they have full crews yet.  (Just a hope - you don't need to tell me they won't cruise this year.  It doesn't hurt to hope!)

I agree!  We just booked the August 21, 2021 Cali Coastal on the Ruby.  Even though it’s not looking too good for sailing, we are being extra positive and hopeful we do.  Going through MAJOR cruise withdrawals.  Also have a 14 day Caribbean Circle scheduled for April next year.

22 hours ago, 4hunters said:

We're in the process of planning a flight down to Cabo to stay in a nice resort for a week or so

We have been three times this year! Stayed at the Marquis (2x) and Sandos Finisterra. Both were great! Cabo is a great place and very clean and safe. We love visiting The Office and Flora Farms. Enjoy your trip! 

6 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

We have been three times this year! Stayed at the Marquis (2x) and Sandos Finisterra. Both were great! Cabo is a great place and very clean and safe. We love visiting The Office and Flora Farms. Enjoy your trip! 

Thanks for the resort names. I’ll check them out for sure. We love The Office as well. Normally stop in every time we’re at Medano beach. 

• Like 1

We own a condo in LaPaz at Paraiso Del Mar.  It is good to have a place to get away.  La Paz is lovely, a real Mexican City.  We are out on a peninsula called El Mogote.. I took a few more pics for everyone.  The other day there were 8 cruise ships here but now we are back to 6.

17104B79-29A0-4FBB-BC30-25379111F6FB.jpeg

5D3DAA22-509B-4A71-BF80-07E024B5C1DC.jpeg

• Like 2