Equinox Refurbishment

TMaine

1 minute ago, Shadow9612 said:

I think that's why I enjoyed the library.  I think it was hardly used by others :). So it was a nice space to spend 30 minutes in a public space that wasn't overwhelmed with people. 

Having said that.... The library, on a rainy day, over xmas, in the Caribbean - oh my. Taken over by kids. 🤪

what line/ship, I'll need to add it to my do not sail list!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

what line/ship, I'll need to add it to my do not sail list!

😁  It was years ago on one of the Celebrity S class ships - I think Silhouette.  It was not the norm for sure.  Just a perfect storm of bad weather, holiday sailing, even more kids than usual - so they infiltrated more areas en masse 😉

11 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

😁  It was years ago on one of the Celebrity S class ships - I think Silhouette.  It was not the norm for sure.  Just a perfect storm of bad weather, holiday sailing, even more kids than usual - so they infiltrated more areas en masse 😉

bad weather - no problem (love big waves), holiday sailing - fun - kids en masse (I have two adult kids) just stay off my cruise....🤣

• Haha 1

I hope they’ll find the “time” ( and I guess the $ ) to fix the missing things up on the retreat sun deck, before our Oct 2022 Caribbean cruise. I’d really love to see a hot tub up there, and a shower. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phe8800 said:

I hope they’ll find the “time” ( and I guess the $ ) to fix the missing things up on the retreat sun deck, before our Oct 2022 Caribbean cruise. I’d really love to see a hot tub up there, and a shower. 

When we were on Equinox post partial refit and pre covid we asked some of the senior staff about this and were told that Equinox was now at ‘the back of the queue’. Eclipse, Reflection and Solstice would get the refit first. This does make sense. At least Equinox does have a suite deck area even if it isn’t perfect.

We did find it blowy up there at times and lacking in shade and a water feature. However, the seating was very comfortable and the service of drinks and snacks was excellent. We tended to go for a swim in the Solarium and then drip our way to the Retreat for an hour or so enjoying a sunbed. 

We would happily cruise Equinox again. 

• Like 1