Corinth canal transit excursion

rumbalizw

We have done a Corinth Canal excursion with P&O which the part of the transit and return through the canal was very good the visit afterwards to a supposedly ancient ruin that the guide got very excited about was nothing more than your local building site IMO and the obligatory stop off at a shop for your purchases was a farce as those that got off the bus soon got back on and dont think anyone purchased anything because they all said it was either "tat" or very expensive.

• Like 1

We did the Corinth Canal and Ancient Corinth about 4 years ago and it was a brilliant excursion.

The excursion through the canal is always amazing (done it with Celebrity and P&O and the P&O one was far better and half the price)

On our trip we did Ancient Corinth as well so had lunch at a beautiful hotel mid way through the day. It was a stunning location and one of those memories we will always have.

We loved the visit to Corinth - love ancient history and as Christians this place was very special to 'touch' history.

Ok we had the stop at the shop on the way re pottery but it was decent stuff and only half an hour.

We would highly recommend the Ancient Corinth and the Corinth Canal full day and if you just want to do the canal do for it. Loved it

After the last 2 years, go and enjoy --- think we are all appreciating what we can do more now than ever

23 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We did the Corinth Canal and Ancient Corinth about 4 years ago and it was a brilliant excursion.

The excursion through the canal is always amazing (done it with Celebrity and P&O and the P&O one was far better and half the price)

On our trip we did Ancient Corinth as well so had lunch at a beautiful hotel mid way through the day. It was a stunning location and one of those memories we will always have.

We loved the visit to Corinth - love ancient history and as Christians this place was very special to 'touch' history.

Ok we had the stop at the shop on the way re pottery but it was decent stuff and only half an hour.

We would highly recommend the Ancient Corinth and the Corinth Canal full day and if you just want to do the canal do for it. Loved it

After the last 2 years, go and enjoy --- think we are all appreciating what we can do more now than ever

Many thanks for your lovely reply 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

We have done a Corinth Canal excursion with P&O which the part of the transit and return through the canal was very good the visit afterwards to a supposedly ancient ruin that the guide got very excited about was nothing more than your local building site IMO and the obligatory stop off at a shop for your purchases was a farce as those that got off the bus soon got back on and dont think anyone purchased anything because they all said it was either "tat" or very expensive.

Thank you 

There are films on YouTube, which are good, but not as good as the whole experience.

The excursion boats are quite small, so you don’t feel as if you are sharing the experience with the whole world

As I said in my blog extract above, the second part of the excursion, Ancient Corinth, with a very knowledgeable and personable guide, was an unexpected bonus

It’s a long day; you won’t need “the motion of the ocean” to rock you to sleep once back on board

• Like 1

I know my Corinth Canal was about 10yrs ago so perhaps the excursion has changed obviously for the better when Presto2 did it 4yrs ago. There were many complaints about the shop visit and what a waste of time it was when time could have been spent better elsewhere. I do remember vaguely visiting a lovely hotel and lunch but not sure if it was the same excursion, memory fading with old age lol. But like I said being a lover of history was looking forward to the Ancient Corinth part of the excursion but was very disappointing but the canal transit more than made up for it.

• Like 1

We too did this excursion about 4 years ago, and consider it one of P&O's best.  We had a 45 minutes loo stop at a service station just before boarding the boat, which gave us time to walk over one of the bridges and look down on the canal.  From memory, our coachload and possibly one other were the only people on the boat, plenty of seating and good viewing points.  The scenery is breathtaking, and seeing the road bridge sink below the surface of the water to let us through, was a real experience. I think if we hadn't gone, we would have regretted it.

If you book, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

• Like 2