Welcome Back Cruises 2021 - Malta & Adriatic Cruises and General Discussion

JM0115

2 minutes ago, Tiki-Is-Texas said:

Question for USA passengers,  did you, were you required to, use VeriFly?  We have the app, entered the basic info but then what?  Our CDC vaccination cards do not have QR codes.  

Are you using the Verifly App on your mobile phone? If so, you can take a picture of the vaccination card when you get to that place on the app or you can take a picture of the card and upload it to the app.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eround said:

Are you using the Verifly App on your mobile phone? If so, you can take a picture of the vaccination card when you get to that place on the app or you can take a picture of the card and upload it to the app.

We too ,were asked to use VeriFly and upload our details and vaccination certification, I have a feeling this is used by Viking to capture the vaccination details pre-cruise, as we were never asked to show our VeriFly pass by the Maltese authorities or during the checking in process pre-boarding

• Like 1

As of August 1, Malta will require that the CDC vaccination card be verified with some yet unnamed app.  Has anyone heard what this might be?  Will this be VeriFLY or something else?    I was happy they were just going to accept the CDC card.

6 hours ago, rizello said:

As of August 1, Malta will require that the CDC vaccination card be verified with some yet unnamed app.  Has anyone heard what this might be?  Will this be VeriFLY or something else?    I was happy they were just going to accept the CDC card.

Viking is using VeriFLY 

15 hours ago, Tiki-Is-Texas said:

Question for USA passengers,  did you, were you required to, use VeriFly?  We have the app, entered the basic info but then what?  Our CDC vaccination cards do not have QR codes.  

We're about to leave for the airport (sailing 7/24)...and after getting tested and getting the results, and uploading the results, and finding out that the test was too soon for Germany (but just right for Malta)...but that we don't need tests if we've been vaccinated: it appears that all we need to get on the plane is our little CDC vaccination cards, on paper.  I'll report back if that's wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

By Malta at entry?

From Viking:

Note, VeriFLY will provide your approved certification status directly to the ship, who in turn will provide it to the appropriate authorities. Your status will change to "Ready to Travel" in the app, but there is no additional documentation for you to keep track of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jchivers said:

it appears that all we need to get on the plane is our little CDC vaccination cards, on paper.  I'll report back if that's wrong.

If you’re flying United that’s how I interpret their instructions also.

Please let us know the results either right or wrong.

Tom

FYI, from HEALTH.GOV.MT :

Who is required to complete the digital Passenger Locator Form (dPLF)?
All travellers entering Malta via air or by sea (cruise or ferry) are required to complete a digital Passenger Locator Form (dPLF).
Each individual who is travelling will have to complete a separate PLF, even if travelling as part of a group or family. 
The Malta digital Passenger Locator is part of the EU digital PLF system and can be accessed from https://app.euplf.eu

3 hours ago, Tom.in.nc said:

If you’re flying United that’s how I interpret their instructions also.

Please let us know the results either right or wrong.

Tom

Got our boarding passes. We had to show passports, CDC vax cards and Malta PLF, but no test results. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jchivers said:

We're about to leave for the airport (sailing 7/24)...and after getting tested and getting the results, and uploading the results, and finding out that the test was too soon for Germany (but just right for Malta)...but that we don't need tests if we've been vaccinated: it appears that all we need to get on the plane is our little CDC vaccination cards, on paper.  I'll report back if that's wrong.

That is what I have concluded after reading all these entry requirements over and over.. that only the CDC card is required. 

Did things go fairly smoothly in Germany? Do they ask for the proof of vaccination at immigrations/passport control? Just curious since I booked my own flights for the cruise and have a connection at Frankfurt airport. I fly out of Los Angeles next Friday and really appreciate these updates! Thank you!

I’m another fellow traveler following what is happening!  We are a few weeks out and are transiting through Munich on the way to Malta.  (Unless of course we get our flights changed one more time to reflect a different routing.)

On 7/22/2021 at 6:29 PM, Tiki-Is-Texas said:

We took pictures of our CDC cards and then saved them as PDF's and just uploaded them to VeriFLY and within 30 min they approved....my son also found a free app and also saved them as QR codes for us but he can't remember the app.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tom.in.nc said:

From Viking:

Note, VeriFLY will provide your approved certification status directly to the ship, who in turn will provide it to the appropriate authorities. Your status will change to "Ready to Travel" in the app, but there is no additional documentation for you to keep track of.

Hmmm…..I wonder how this will work for those of us coming in a few days early for the cruise. Our first address for the PLF will be a hotel in Malta, not the ship. Yet Viking wants all our info in the app for the cruise, too. I haven’t used the app yet, but I guess I’ll find out! Not cruising til Sept. 12.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jsam949 said:

That is what I have concluded after reading all these entry requirements over and over.. that only the CDC card is required. 

Did things go fairly smoothly in Germany? Do they ask for the proof of vaccination at immigrations/passport control? Just curious since I booked my own flights for the cruise and have a connection at Frankfurt airport. I fly out of Los Angeles next Friday and really appreciate these updates! Thank you!

Yes to all the above. Just changing planes in Frankfurt (on layover here now) you have to go through border control and show your passport, your vaccination card and your test results.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for continuing to keep us updated.  According to Germany’s own website, they say you only need proof of vaccination OR test results, but you are saying they asked for both.  Good to know.

it looks like Germany accepts both PCR and antigen.  I assume you had PCR?  

1 hour ago, rizello said:

it looks like Germany accepts both PCR and antigen. 

Yes, but it appears that United Airlines site says PCR within 72 hours of arrival in Germany but within 48 hours for the antigen test. 
Tom

Arrived in Kotor this morning,we did the walking tour of the old city, our guide was excellent and entertaining, we did this mid-morning and lasted nearly 2 1/2 hrs.

To maintain the "bubble" of the ship as much as possible we were required to wear masks and your personal locator.

No free time to shop or browse independently, but we were aware of these restrictions at the time of booking.

We have been in Kotor before but even with the restrictions on our tour we seemed to get so much more out of it, I guess we didn't have the distraction of the usual "we recommend shop A or shop B" or "this my cousins shop" etc etc.

Did miss not being to go off on your own but we knew this to be the case and accept Vikings reasoning behind it.

All in all having a fantastic time so much so we are pretty close staying on for the next cruise😎

• Like 13