Welcome Back Cruises 2021 - Malta & Adriatic Cruises and General Discussion

JM0115

Even though Malta does not require a Covid 19 test for arrival from vaccinated persons, are most people getting a test within 72 hours of leaving the US? For peace of mind and to cover if Malta would change requirements. If, so would a rapid antigen test suffice or should it definitely be a PCR?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CLBSC said:

Even though Malta does not require a Covid 19 test for arrival from vaccinated persons, are most people getting a test within 72 hours of leaving the US? For peace of mind and to cover if Malta would change requirements. If, so would a rapid antigen test suffice or should it definitely be a PCR?

Since they aren’t requiring it, we don’t know if they might hypothetically accept a rapid antigen test. Generally, countries are going to give you at least a few days notice when they change requirements.

We are taking a free rt-pcr test at cvs 2 days before departure just to be on the safe side. Hopefully we will have the results before arrival in Malta (cvs says 1 to 2 days). I don’t think it is necessary but it can’t hurt.

We are already cleared for entry by Malta through the Verifly app. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rizello said:

Thanks for continuing to post these dailies!

I just want to know how much these gin and martini tastings cost.  These look like fun!

Martini tasting, if you have the Silver Spirit package ,was free when I was on the Orion  this month.!

10 hours ago, jsam949 said:

That’s awesome! Good for you guys! I’ll be boarding the Viking Sea Saturday evening! Have you heard anything about the excursions in Greece? Any idea if they are going to allow us to shop and wander around on our own like they are now allowing in Croatia? 

I sure hope they loosen up the reigns. Have fun!😊

On 7/28/2021 at 4:10 PM, FirstTimeFreddy said:

Viking Daily - Viking Venus

Day 6 - Split, Croatia

Thanks for the dailies.

We wanted to book:

Scenic Cruise Through Croatia’s Archipelago

$499 Per PersonSOLD OUT

Day 6  Split, Croatia
Sunday, August 8
9:00 AM
5.75 Hours

but it seems like it was not offered on your cruise.  Not in the daily.
Anyone know the story?
(also noted the RIB excursion was not there either.)

Tom

On 7/29/2021 at 3:17 PM, viking2704 said:

We are taking a free rt-pcr test at cvs 2 days before departure just to be on the safe side. Hopefully we will have the results before arrival in Malta (cvs says 1 to 2 days). I don’t think it is necessary but it can’t hurt.

We are already cleared for entry by Malta through the Verifly app. 

Thank you for this.  Getting ours today at CVS. 

Just now, FirstTimeFreddy said:

To add to Alan's post, here are the current officers on the Venus.

20210731_105013.jpg

Thank you so much for all of your posts.  They have been incredibly helpful.   Btw… did they say how many pax on the 3 August departure? 

safe travels to you

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pwalczyk said:

Thank you so much for all of your posts.  They have been incredibly helpful.   Btw… did they say how many pax on the 3 August departure? 

safe travels to you

You're more than welcome. Every little piece of information helps 👍 The approximate passenger count for 3rd August is 200. That information came from the cruise director, Verity. So you should expect another private Yacht experience 🥳

The cruises thereafter become gradually busier with passenger counts in the 300-400 range. But still not bad at all.

Edited by FirstTimeFreddy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FirstTimeFreddy said:

You're more than welcome. Every little piece of information helps 👍 The approximate passenger count for 3rd August is 200. That information came from the cruise director, Verity. So you should expect another private Yacht experience 🥳

The cruises thereafter become gradually busier with passenger counts in the 300-400 range. But still not bad at all.

Thanks again!   I guess we won’t have to worry about wanting to change our dinner reservations.

• Haha 1

Sorry about my above post. Don’t know how to delete it 

new question : has anyone been booked on direct flight from Newark to Malta  for your upcoming cruise ?

hope book the Western Med Oct 12 -18 Malta to Barcelona . I really do not want to fly from US to Frankfurt to Malta. That would be three flights in one day. Viking agent could not tell me what flights I would have with Viking  Air. 
thanks!

23 minutes ago, Azulann said:

FYI: If you tap the three dots °°° up by your post number you’ll see a menu.  The edit option disappears after a few minutes so you need to be quick.

Tom

Edited by Tom.in.nc

31 minutes ago, Azulann said:

new question : has anyone been booked on direct flight from Newark to Malta  for your upcoming cruise ?

hope book the Western Med Oct 12 -18 Malta to Barcelona . I really do not want to fly from US to Frankfurt to Malta. That would be three flights in one day. Viking agent could not tell me what flights I would have with Viking  Air. 
thanks!

I don't believe there are any direct flights from the USA to Malta. Most Viking arranged flights are via Frankfurt or another European hub.

5 minutes ago, FirstTimeFreddy said:

I don't believe there are any direct flights from the USA to Malta. Most Viking arranged flights are via Frankfurt or another European hub.

I hand read that Viking was doing a charter direct from Newark to Bermuda . But that might had been speculation or CC gossip. 
thanks for your reply. 
living in the heartlands of US , three flight might do me in . 
I need to really think about this. 
just got back from Bermuda . Had a 3 hr layover in Charlotte  on my return flights. 
that airport was a zoo!!! AA plane and flight attendants were awful! 

1 hour ago, Azulann said:

thanks!

Viking booked us round trip on their chartered Lufthansa flight from Newark (NJ) to Malta for our cruise on Sept 12. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FirstTimeFreddy said:

We are booked non-stop on a Lufthansa Newark to Malta chartered Flight on 8/22 for the 8/23 Malta-Adriatic cruise..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CLBSC said:

We are booked non-stop on a Lufthansa Newark to Malta chartered Flight on 8/22 for the 8/23 Malta-Adriatic cruise..

So there is a charter ! What about your return flight ? 

15 minutes ago, Azulann said:

I hand read that Viking was doing a charter direct from Newark to Bermuda . 

Yes, I am booked on a chartered flight from Viking Air, non stop Newark to Malta for a September 22nd. However I'm on hold right now with Viking Air as this flight info has been taken off my "My Viking Journey" I'll get back when they tell me what's going on

• Like 1